Mark Ingram: Celebration or tamtrum (1 Viewer)

firecouch

All-Pro
Reaction score
I wasn't able to completely focus on the game yesterday because I was at a friend's house and they have an 18 month old that recently discovered his passion for drumming...

Anyways, I watched the CST highlights on "saints tonight" and I noticed on the touchdown pass to Kuhn (PA rollout had his choice between Ingram and Kuhn in the flats) that Ingram threw his hands in the air and then the camera cut away.

To me, his mannerisms were similar to what he does when he's tangled up on a play that should have gone for a big gain.

Did anyone else see this? Honestly, the clip I saw was very short and very well could have been celebrating, but it looked more like a tantrum to me. Did anyone else get a better look at it? I'm sure there was someone at the game, that can give some input.

If he was throwing a tantrum, that's not a good look IMO. I've very much been an Ingram supporter over the course of his career, but if he's upset that he didn't get the TD, yet we scored...then I think he's got the wrong mindset.

I wasn't able to completely focus on the game yesterday because I was at a friend's hits and they have an 18 month old that recently discovered his passion for drumming...

Anyways, I watched the CST highlights on "saints tonight" and I noticed on the touchdown pass to Kuhn (PA rollout had his choice between Ingram and Kuhn in the flats) that Ingram threw his hands in the air and then the camera cut away.

To me, his mannerisms were similar to what he does when he's tangled up on a play that should have gone for a big gain.

Did anyone else see this? Honestly, the clip I saw was very short and very well could have been celebrating, but it looked more like a tantrum to me. Did anyone else get a better look at it? I'm sure there was someone at the game, that can give some input.

If he was throwing a tantrum, that's not a good look IMO. I've very much been an Ingram supporter over the course of his career, but if he's upset that he didn't get the TD, yet we scored...then I think he's got the wrong mindset.

Not a tantrum at all. He was just motioning to Brees that he was open, which he was. Brees hesitated in throwing the pass to Ingram because he was trying to hit Kuhn. As wide open as Ingram was, I was surprised at even the slight hesitation on Brees' part.

I wondered the same thing. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Guy gets 10 carries a game and doesn't complain; so he doesn't seem to have that kind of mentality.

That would be very much out of character for Ingram, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Good. I was hoping it wasn't a tantrum. In 2013 or 2014, I remember a few times where it seemed like he would get upset when Pierre would replace him. Maybe It's all just in my head.

I thought it might have been a tantrum too when I saw it, but I agree with the other posters here.

I also saw a clip that Fox showed after that touchdown, where Kuhn was celebrating and Ingram ran up and hugged him. So Ingram couldn't have been too mad.

I think what looked like a tantrum was Ingram pumping his fist in celebration.

If it is the same play I am thinking of, Kuhn was ridiculously open and that play was a beaut.

who else saw Kuhn snatch the pass from a wide open Fleener before that last touchdown?
Fleener was wide open in the end zone, Brees looked to be throwing the ball to Fleener then out of no where, Kuhn jumps up and pulls it out if the air at the one yard line. Luckily we still scored, but I was like, oh no....

who else saw Kuhn snatch the pass from a wide open Fleener before that last touchdown?
Fleener was wide open in the end zone, Brees looked to be throwing the ball to Fleener then out of no where, Kuhn jumps up and pulls it out if the air at the one yard line. Luckily we still scored, but I was like, oh no....

You were like "oh no" and I was like "oh yes". With his track record, there's no guarantee that Fleener even makes that catch. I don't think Kuhn even knew Fleener was behind him.

I wasn't able to completely focus on the game yesterday because I was at a friend's house and they have an 18 month old that recently discovered his passion for drumming

I'd have left at halftime. I'm fully aware that kids will be kids and alot of what they do that might be noticed by others just kinda becomes white noise to parents, but if they know their kid is gonna be on a drumset, then it probably isn't the best idea to invite a guest and subject that guest to all that annoying noise.

I actually thought that was hilarious. We got the first down, so I knew we'd score.

And honestly, with Fleener still being a little bit inconsistent, I didn't mind it going the way it did. If Fleener had dropped that.... ooof..

I'd actually argue that I'm happy Kuhn snatched it. Fleener might have been subject to a concentration/traffic drop.

I saw that and originally thought the ball was going to him because he was so wide open. However the second time I watched it I thought he was doing a fist pump thing just because they scored.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom