Mark Ingram getting great. (1 Viewer)

krushing

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Being a Alabama fan, I was probably as disappointed in Mark Ingram's play and our run blocking as anyone. He just seemed to play with absolutely no vision. I have never seen a running back improve like he has. It's like he sees everything now and explodes at the exact right time. It's more then just gaining patience but that's part of it. How can a running back go from mediocre to great overnight? Maybe his toe finally healed. It like a completely different guy wearing 22. Just wanted to get ideas on what he is doing different.

Ingram has always been good. We just have a head coach that doesn't believe in the run. 3 losing seasons in row should hopefully change his opinion.

Its not "overnight"...he has been getting more involved and better the last three seasons.

Ingram is being held back by the system. He really could be a great back.

I'm tired of watching our running backs, after every play, looking at the sideline in anticipation of being taken out the game.

Figure out who your best back is (clearly Ingram) and let him stay in the game.

Why did we trade a future first for this guy if we aren't going to use him? He has star potential.

I honestly don't know how you can watch Saints football since Ingrams been drafted and not have seen a dramatic improvement.

He's improved in pass protection and as a receiver. His "vision" has improved. He no longer runs sideline to sideline (or backwards) on plays where nothing's there. He just takes the couple yards he can get. He has better patience and doesn't just run into the back of his linemen. He gets his pad level lower on initial contact and pushes guys back or breaks tackles more often.

Almost all of these things he has mediocre at best or bad at when he entered the NFL.

Not really a new development imo. He was excellent last season, just injured. Was among the league leaders in rushing for a while.

I know I would hate to be the one who stood between him and the goal line and had to try and tackle him.

This is what happens when you feed Ingram in the redzone. He had a great game. Where are all those people that were saying he was garbage, just last week?

Just turned 27 this week too. The guy is in his prime now.

hard to believe he has been with the saints for 6 years already. Seems like only a year or two he got drafted. He is roughly 60yds away for having a 1000yd rushing year. Hope he gets it

Being a Alabama fan, I was probably as disappointed in Mark Ingram's play and our run blocking as anyone. He just seemed to play with absolutely no vision. I have never seen a running back improve like he has. It's like he sees everything now and explodes at the exact right time. It's more then just gaining patience but that's part of it. How can a running back go from mediocre to great overnight? Maybe his toe finally healed. It like a completely different guy wearing 22. Just wanted to get ideas on what he is doing different.
That word GREAT is the most over used word in all sports. Ingram is good, far from "great"!

This is what happens when you feed Ingram in the redzone. He had a great game. Where are all those people that were saying he was garbage, just last week?

I said he was average. Looks like I was wrong and he is pretty **** good. I wouldn't say great. Hope he keeps improving and keeps his emotions in check. I'm here to eat my crow I reckon.

The second he makes the slightest mistake they'll be back. Trust me.

He's been to a pro bowl, but now he's good? He's been good, when this offense is clicking (passing game) it opens up opportunities for Ingram and he thrives but he can also grind it out when the run is clicking but the passing game has stalled...He's a complete back in the traditional sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom