Mark Ingram getting great. (1 Viewer)

I'll tell you someone else who has been really good this season and it's been a " huge surprise ", pardon the pun. Zach Strief. I really thought his career was over but he has been a dominant Run blocker this year. The whole o-line is actually moving people backwards for a change.

Everyone involved with the running game today was on the same page. Our guys were sticking Tampa Bay players.
It was really refreshing and encouraging to see, especially against a team with a lot to play for and a division rival.
If we can continue the upward trend of our running game and defense, we will be toug to handle next year.

I'll tell you someone else who has been really good this season and it's been a " huge surprise ", pardon the pun. Zach Strief. I really thought his career was over but he has been a dominant Run blocker this year. The whole o-line is actually moving people backwards for a change.

Zack, Jahri, and esp Peat, who many wrote off in preseason only to play well at both LG and LT.

Big props to O line coach Dan Roushar!

InB4 credit is given to another back for motivating Ingram.:idunno:

Newsflash, Ingram is Ingram....he's always been good.

Well hopefully next week he can follow up with a similar performance, and we wont have to wait until next season to have him explode after getting benched, or being outperformed, or having an awful temper tantrum caught on camera. Trust me, nobody wants to be wrong about this guy more than i do......because he can be an animal when he gets it going.

I agree, Mark has made great strides. I hope we keep Ingram, Kuhn, Hightower, and Lasco next year. That catch by Kuhn near the sidelines yesterday was beautiful!
You don't see many (if any) fullbacks that can do that.

That's why it's so important to get another guard this offseason. Need to keep this man going!

Kuhn is a guy that almost never gets denied. No wonder people in GB loved the guy.

Except that Mark is better looking, if he was dressed in Cowgirls uni, God forbid, you would think he was Emmit Smith.

That word GREAT is the most over used word in all sports. Ingram is good, far from "great"!
Agree on that although he has improved and clearly put the work in. Think he's good but not on the level of great.

Hi y'all;

His pass pro has gotten WAY better. Last night even the homers calling the game commented when he picked up a DL on a rush; saying how impressive he was stepping up to take on a big man. (one of the FEW times they realized that the Saint's had a team on the field)

A

I hope that next year we dump the triumvirate and get back to the thunder and lightning model. Mark will be better with more carries and a satellite threat ala Reggie Bush.

I am all for drafting one like that and I even think that Reggie, with the ups and downs on his career would be a great mentor for Mark.

Lasso should back up both positions.

I hope that next year we dump the triumvirate and get back to the thunder and lightning model. Mark will be better with more carries and a satellite threat ala Reggie Bush.

I am all for drafting one like that and I even think that Reggie, with the ups and downs on his career would be a great mentor for Mark.

Lasso should back up both positions.
I was hoping Lasco could get more playing time to see if he's as good as we think he's capable of. I'm guessing Hightower will be back next season. We just might see more of the same with Tim and Mark sharing the touches.

Ingram has never been bad. He's been average at times, but hey... average in this league on a team who isn't run first, is pretty dang good. I think of it more like a college RB on a spread team. He's almost an after-thought. When we've gone with the run, and he had anywhere at all to run, he's done well.

I think we bring Hightower and Cadet back for camp next season. If we find a joker in the draft or free agency, it wouldn't surprise me if we don't grab him.

Did anybody see fleener high point on that seam rout yesterday??? Now do that 4 or 5 times a game and our investment was worth it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom