Mark Ingram getting great. (1 Viewer)

I think Hightower is the perfect backup and relief bruiser. He has the attitude and maturity to handle the role. We need to keep that guy. Ingram will not likely go a whole season without a hamstring or toe but hopefully nothing more serious.

I think Hightower is the perfect backup and relief bruiser. He has the attitude and maturity to handle the role. We need to keep that guy. Ingram will not likely go a whole season without a hamstring or toe but hopefully nothing more serious.

The problem is our backup is getting just as many carries as our starter. We have a bellcow and we don't use him that way.

I am sorry but I don't see greatness. I don't see a great back. I don't see elusiveness. I don't see a lot of broken tackles. He is good. Not great. And the line is opening some holes and he is hitting the holes. He does seem more motivated, due to Hightower and other factors. But let's not get carried away.

The Saints are peaking at just the wrong time ... I mean right time.

Out of playoffs, no pressure. Now they play loose and with nothing to lose. Because they have nothing to lose.

Someone needs to tell the Saints in September they are already out of the playoff race and there is nothing to play for except pride....

Put Ingram behind Dallas's offensive line and he is every bit as effective as Elliott....

Ingram was never given the rights to the offense such as Elliot has in Dallas. It's been a curse yet is a blessing in our current situation. Had we rode him into the ground he'd be worn down , the fact PT , Sproles , Robinson , Ivory have taken carries away from him means he has relatively fresh legs for days to come.

That and our offensive line has vastly improved running between the tackles. As soon as we acquired Unger things opened up.

Hopefully this offseason we add a Pro Bowl OL , or draft a Stud , this way we can feed Ingram to his hearts content.

We should totally seek to make Ingram the back the offense is featured around because they'll have no chance in hell of covering Cooks , Snead and Thomas.

Ingram can be our MVP next season. He keeps the offense on schedule , Opens up things for our Elite WR core , and keeps the chains moving and our offense dominating possession time , which in turn keeps the defense off the field.

That word GREAT is the most over used word in all sports. Ingram is good, far from "great"!

Exactly. Payton, Brown, Dickerson & Sanders were "Great"...

Do the math.

Exactly. Payton, Brown, Dickerson & Sanders were "Great"...

Do the math.

I have. He is averaging 5.1 yards per carry this year and may very well finish with less than 1,000 yards. It's absurd. The man needs to be fed more. He is becoming special before our very eyes.

Even the best backs have bad games.

Ingram is rolling.

Watching other games, it's amazing how teams keep their best players on the field, particularly at RB. What an interesting concept.

That word GREAT is the most over used word in all sports. Ingram is good, far from "great"!

I agree. Ingram is an average RB at best. Watching the Steelers Vs Ravens game, Laveon Bell is a really good/great RB. He has speed, power, vision, agility, and hands.

As long as Ingram is a Saint I will support him, but I'm not blinded enough to believe we can't improve in the RB area. I think Fournette and Cook are improvments over Ingram. I've never seen McCaffrey play so I can't say how he would do but he seems more like a Reggie Bush.

If I had my wish, we would get Guice next year. He plays a lot like Laveon Bell

Ingram has always been good. We just have a head coach that doesn't believe in the run. 3 losing seasons in row should hopefully change his opinion.

I honestly don't understand how you could possibly think the offense is the reason for our losses.

As of game 15:

Drew Brees

Yards 1st

Completion% 2nd by .5%

TDs 1st

Passer Rating 4th

Completions 1st

Longest Pass Completed 1st

Yards Per Attempt 5th

1st Downs - Saints 1st

3rd Down Conversion - Saints 1st

Conversely, if you look at our defense and special teams, they aren't at the tops of the league in good categories like our offense is.

I honestly don't understand how you could possibly think the offense is the reason for our losses.

As of game 15:

Drew Brees

Yards 1st

Completion% 2nd by .5%

TDs 1st

Passer Rating 4th

Completions 1st

Longest Pass Completed 1st

Yards Per Attempt 5th

1st Downs - Saints 1st

3rd Down Conversion - Saints 1st

Conversely, if you look at our defense and special teams, they aren't at the tops of the league in good categories like our offense is.

So you're saying the defense didn't do good enough against the giants, chiefs, lions, and bucs while the offense made little to no effort in all but one of these games? We know Ingram lost one of these as well.

I agree. Ingram is an average RB at best. Watching the Steelers Vs Ravens game, Laveon Bell is a really good/great RB. He has speed, power, vision, agility, and hands.

As long as Ingram is a Saint I will support him, but I'm not blinded enough to believe we can't improve in the RB area. I think Fournette and Cook are improvments over Ingram. I've never seen McCaffrey play so I can't say how he would do but he seems more like a Reggie Bush.

If I had my wish, we would get Guice next year. He plays a lot like Laveon Bell

Trent Richardson was claimed as the next Adrian Peterson before he proved anything at the NFL level and the same thing is true for Cook and Fournette. Ingram has been a beast in the league and won the Heisman unlike the players you listed too. If you'd spend a top 15 pick on either while already having Ingram on the squad you're either nuts or an Ingram hater.

As Ingram relates to Leveon, he has better stats for how he's used. The eye test is highly biased coming from guys like you, especially while fanboying another LSU running back.

Not being subbed as much probably helped Ingram yesterday as well. Stick with run more and have more of a featured back and that's what you get. Hightower didn't play as much.

Being a Alabama fan, I was probably as disappointed in Mark Ingram's play and our run blocking as anyone. He just seemed to play with absolutely no vision. I have never seen a running back improve like he has. It's like he sees everything now and explodes at the exact right time. It's more then just gaining patience but that's part of it. How can a running back go from mediocre to great overnight? Maybe his toe finally healed. It like a completely different guy wearing 22. Just wanted to get ideas on what he is doing different.
Spencer Ware is "GREAT"also, heck nearly same stats as Ingram. Noone, I mean absolutely NOONE in KC is calling Spencer GREAT!!

Spencer Ware is "GREAT"also, heck nearly same stats as Ingram. Noone, I mean absolutely NOONE in KC is calling Spencer GREAT!!

5.1 ypc vs 4.3 ypc isn't even close to the same stats.

It really is disturbing how Saints fans on this board are actively trying to dislike one of our best players.

I have. He is averaging 5.1 yards per carry this year and may very well finish with less than 1,000 yards. It's absurd. The man needs to be fed more. He is becoming special before our very eyes.

Even the best backs have bad games.

Ingram is rolling.

Watching other games, it's amazing how teams keep their best players on the field, particularly at RB. What an interesting concept.

One of many reasons I wish SP was gone. He is clueless.

Big Ingram fan, he needs a little space. In past years, he was getting zero space. Now he's getting "I" formation, deeper handoffs, and even some pitches. He is also getting much better blocking.

I believe in RBBC, but 1 RB per possession please! Don't keep shuttling them in and out within the same drive!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom