Mark Ingram is saying Goodbye to Baltimore (1 Viewer)

Ingram would make $1.05 million on a vet minimum deal, which we could likely get him for.

Murray is set to count $4.2 against the cap next year with a $3.35 dead cap hit.

Is Murray worth $3 million more than Ingram? The $2.3 million cap savings plus chemistry stuff could make it worth it.

Can you explain to me how this works?

I am looking at Over the Cap which says that his cap number is $4.2 million for 2021. The dead money figure is $1.7 million and the savings $2.5 million with a pre-1 June cut.

Does that mean, for the purpose of assessing how far over the cap we are for next year, if we cut LM we owe him $1.7m (which counts towards the cap) but are relieved of the obligation to pay him $2.5m, thereby freeing up that space? If so, wouldn't signing MI to a $1.3 million deal only result in a net gain of $1.2 million in free cap space?

Could we keep Washington and get rid of Montgomery then? He is usually inactive anyways

You want to sign him to be inactive all season unless there’s an injury? If he’s still available in the summer like Montgomery was it could happen. There are teams out there that will actually play him though. I think he’ll sign with another team.

I just don’t see it as a need. Especially with our cap situation. And yeah the past has a little bit to do with my feelings. Like a girlfriend giving you an ultimatum and then sleeping with someone else before wanting to come back. No thanks.

We already have Murray. I wouldn't at this point.

You dont understand..

What Mark brings to the table is a lot more valuable then what he does on the field.

He was the heart and soul of that offense. He brought so much energy, that even when things weren't going our way, he made guys feel like they were about to go our way.

I fully believe there were several games that we should have lost, bc momentum was with the opponent yet mark out of no were is single handedly marching us downfield.

I still don't think hes done on the field either. Baltimore ran out of shotgun a lot, bc of Lamar Jackson. Ingram is more of a zone scheme runner. I fully believe he's still got a good year or two in him

Murray is great, but Mark was more versatile before his injury.

What's Murray trade value? 6th rounder? If Ingram is willing to come at around 3M (edit: probably 4M) per and we can get something for Murray I'd do it. He'd probably get more from another team tho

Last edited:
I think Mark will have quite a few suiters. Not as a primary but he's still a very solid #2RB.

[Hope Not]: With the Falcons new 'run-first-coach' I would not be surprised to see them (a) draft a RB and (b) bring in Mark Ingram too.

I feel like most people who are saying "no" are still angry at him for how his departure went down. I think if there is any ill will towards Mark, it's primarily all on the fans' side. I believe Payton would have him back if possible.
I say no just because it is never a good idea to bring former players back. More than likely it never going to be the same. However there are a few cases it has worked out but Ingrams is at the age where a younger guy will bring better production at a cheaper contract. I have always been a Ingram fan and I don't have any negative feelings for his decision. Just business. But we need to move on or stay with Murray.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom