Mark Ingram NFC Offensive Player of the Week. (1 Viewer)

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ingram, Mack among NFL Players of the Week - NFL.com

The Saints routed the Rams, 49-21, to keep their slim playoff hopes alive -- and a lot of it had to do with Mark Ingram's big day.

Ingram won NFC Offensive Player of the Week honors for Week 12 after toting the ball 14 times for 146 yards and a score, as well as one catch for 21 yards and another touchdown.

That Ingram did this against a stout Rams defense is all the more impressive. He proved difficult to take down, using his shiftiness to evade tackles and gash Los Angeles for big gains. It was only Ingram's second 100-yard rushing game of the season.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nope. Can't be. Ivory, Khiry & Hightower are all better, the posters on here told me so.
Why in the world do you drag up old stale stuff? Why can't you just enjoy Ingram's performance and finally getting some recognition this year?

:dedhrse:

Hardcorefakes

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Nope. Can't be. Ivory, Khiry & Hightower are all better, the posters on here told me so.
People love to exaggerate when a player has one bad game.

But, to be fair, when people were criticizing him, it was warranted and fair criticisms.

When Ingram was benched Hightower was performing better than him. At the time.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On 14 touches no less. Feed the man, geez! I don't know why Payton doesn't go with the hot hand in the run game...And look how ungracious and spoiled of a fan I am when I find a problem with an offense that puts up almost 50. :jpshakehead::hihi:
I know! When your horse is feeling his oats, you see how far you can ride him.

Ingram is under appreciated, and under utilized.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats to Ingram!

(And no congrats to me for benching him on fantasy out of concussion concerns and then losing because of it!)

Whodatcolston

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Why in the world do you drag up old stale stuff? Why can't you just enjoy Ingram's performance and finally getting some recognition this year?

:dedhrse:
Oh believe me. I have been appreciating him. I've been one of Ingram'a biggest supporters since we drafted him. I knew that the only thing holding him back was the role he played in our offense earlier in his career.

And by the way, it's not really "old, stale stuff". Check the posts on this site about a month ago and you can see that it's not "old, stale stuff"

xkeith031x

SR lurker Extraordinaire
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh believe me. I have been appreciating him. I've been one of Ingram'a biggest supporters since we drafted him. I knew that the only thing holding him back was the role he played in our offense earlier in his career.

And by the way, it's not really "old, stale stuff". Check the posts on this site about a month ago and you can see that it's not "old, stale stuff"
In fairness, this is the internet. Anything older than a week is as stale as moldy bread.

JackT.

was Jake from State Farm
Reaction score
He deserves it. He has been playing lights out lately.

oldJC.SAINTS

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
but everyone (maybe not, but a bunch of SR posters) have been saying that Hightower was the better HB...

I know I know, but when people say HE IS A BETTER RUNNER, HE ATTACKS THE HOLE FASTER, HE HAS BETTER VISION, EVERYONE CAN SEE THAT ''insert backup name'' IS MORE EFFECTIVE, and blah and blah and blah. That just ****** me off, because most of the time it is purely subjective and the poster probably holds a negative bias since the day we drafted Ingram !!!

Those are the same that are going to shift their attention on hammering Cooks who's at best he's an ok #2 or Fleener who is the new FA bust. I understand people have their opinions, but sometimes it is just one-sided.

Great for Mark Ingram, I am not a big supporter or whatever but I'm always happy when a Saints player gets recognition, whoever he is !!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)