Mark Ingram Ranked 3rd Best In Missed Tackles Forced Per Carry - PFF (1 Viewer)

RevDeuceWindham

Player Evaluator/Analyst for The Athletic
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Nice little tidbit released by PFF recently, thought it was worth sharing. Saints RB Mark Ingram ranked 3rd best in missed tackles forced per rushing attempt out of 42 eligible RBs (100+ min carries).

Link to Twitter

But Saintsreport told me that Ingram lacks vision, has no burst, can't break tackles and that we need to trade him so we can spend the 11th pick in the draft on a RB because our last 1st round Pro Bowl running back wasn't worth a first rounder

I've said it before and I will say it again. In almost any other offense, Mark Ingram is a top 5 NFL running back. He is getting better and better every season, and 5.1 YPC is greatness. He just doesn't get the volume everyone else does.

Getting 1,000 yards in this offense, with the passing game being our primary style of play along with the constantly shuffling of RBs in and out of the line up on a play by play basis, is amazing in itself.

I've said it before and I will say it again. In almost any other offense, Mark Ingram is a top 5 NFL running back. He is getting better and better every season, and 5.1 YPC is greatness. He just doesn't get the volume everyone else does.

Getting 1,000 yards in this offense, with the passing game being our primary style of play along with the constantly shuffling of RBs in and out of the line up on a play by play basis, is amazing in itself.

People forget how little he actually runs. Deuce McAllister ran 240 times or more in a season 4 times (his 1k yardage plus seasons).

The most Ingram has ever run in one season was 226 attempts (2014). He had 205 attempts in 2016.

People forget how little he actually runs. Deuce McAllister ran 240 times or more in a season 4 times (his 1k yardage plus seasons).

The most Ingram has ever run in one season was 226 attempts (2014). He had 205 attempts in 2016.
If he plays at just near the same production over the next 2 seasons, Ingram will surpass Deuce in most statistical categories as the best running back in Saints history.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

If he plays at just near the same production over the next 2 seasons, Ingram will surpass Deuce in most statistical categories as the best running back in Saints history.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That's true and people will still be saying that it was a mistake to pass on Fournette if he is available (which he won't be) when then Saints pick..........:jpshakehead:

He had a 5ypc season. That's a great average. If he were to have gotten Hightowers 100 carries and maintained the 5 ypc, he'd have kept pace with Zeke Elliot

I really like Latavius Murray, but I also thinks its nutzo to even consider him with Ingram. Ingram has grown into a real stud in the league and at only $4 mil per year.

Nice little tidbit released by PFF recently, thought it was worth sharing. Saints RB Mark Ingram ranked 3rd best in missed tackles forced per rushing attempt out of 42 eligible RBs (100+ min carries).

Link to Twitter

I dont know why, but for years now, Ingram has def been one of the most polarizing guys on the team. It's like the man cant do enough for some fans. They downplay the good, and highlight the bad, it's kind of crazy. It's awesome to see facts like this to support just how good Ingram really is. Now if we can only play some defense and give him a lead to feed on. I've always thought of Mark Ingram as one of the better 4-minute RBs in the league, when given the opportunity.

We need a Sproles-type back who is a better version of Cadet. We dont need someone like Hightower taking carries from Ingram, except as a real backup in case of injury or for the rare spell to let Ingram catch his breath. Ingram has earned the right to be full time

I really like Latavius Murray, but I also thinks its nutzo to even consider him with Ingram. Ingram has grown into a real stud in the league and at only $4 mil per year.

That's a Belichick kinda signing.

That's a Belichick kinda signing.

badger - I'll bet $100 bucks your idea is spot-on. Belicheck will likely let Blount walk after a monster season and pickup a young 230 lb, 6,3" stud with great speed at the second level in Murray for cheap. Your point may end-up being one of the most far out predictions of the offseason that comes to fruition. Good stuff that could be brilliant.

We need a Sproles-type back who is a better version of Cadet. We dont need someone like Hightower taking carries from Ingram, except as a real backup in case of injury or for the rare spell to let Ingram catch his breath. Ingram has earned the right to be full time

We need Tyreek Hill. What SP could do with him is beyond imagination.

this guy gets it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom