Mark Ingram says 'I've got to control my emotions better' after sideline outburst (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Full Story - The Advocate

GLENDALE, Ariz. – Mark Ingram erupted in a sideline outburst after the New Orleans Saints' final touchdown, apparently angry that Tim Hightower was given a chance to punch it into the end zone instead of him.

FOX cameras caught Ingram going back and forth with Saints head coach Sean Payton, who declined to address the incident after the game.

Ingram, an emotional player, said the outburst stemmed from his competitive desire in the locker room after the Saints finished off a 48-41 win.

"I'm real competitive in everything I do," Ingram said. "I've got to be smarter, I've got to control my emotions better, but we had a great win as a team, that's our No. 1 goal, and that's what I'm happy for."

Ingram, who rushed 17 times for 78 yards and caught two balls for yards, credited the entire team for pulling him out of his outburst.

"Everybody calmed me down," Ingram said. "Number of teammates, number of coaches. That's what a family's about. I appreciate all those guys being there for me and being understanding."

By Joel A. Erickson

Full Story - The Advocate

More from The Advocate:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom