Update Mark Ingram signed with Ravens (2 Viewers)

Okay so now ingram is looking kinda stoopid don’t you think?

Maybe time to get a new agent?

Probably a combination of his agent overpricing his market and the way the chips fell. The Saints probably heard 7 and they quickly knew they were out, so they went after Murray. If the Saints knew 3/15 was the number, my gut tells me they would've matched, but they already had Murrary so it all went to hell in a handbasket for Ingram. Once the Jets got Bell, the Ravens held all the cards.

it will be interesting to get the details on guaranteed money and bonuses. The total doesn't sound that far off, but up front could be wildly different.

We are also assuming the report on what the Ravens initial were offering is true. The 6-8M could be all fairy dust.

This makes me sad. He and Kamara are the perfect 1,2 punch.

it will be interesting to get the details on guaranteed money and bonuses. The total doesn't sound that far off, but up front could be wildly different.

We are also assuming the report on what the Ravens initial were offering is true. The 6-8M could be all fairy dust.

Wouldn't be surprised if that figure came from Ingram's agent. It didn't work out so well. :scratch:

Baltimore must have structured it in such a way as to make it problematic for the saints to match, or his agent gave the saints a number they wouldn’t match, so they immediately moved on.

Kamara is on pace to be due a very large payday $12M+/yr. My guess is we'll draft a RB either this year or next to pair a rookie contract RB that compliments Kamara's style just like Ingram did. Murray is just here to bridge that gap which is why it makes sense to have the guaranteed money front loaded. Kamara at $12M+/yr with a rookie contract back is much easier to stomach and work the cap around then to have $17M+ tied up in the backfield.

Maybe we were matching it,but he wanted to be a number 1 back over in Baltimore?

As said in the other thread, this is all on Mark's agent.
Saints offered him 4.5, his agent said he wouldn't sign for less than 8mill (final offer) and the saints made other arrangements.
Mark's agent couldn't even sniff the amount he guaranteed his client and now Mark loses.

I'd be choking the life out of my agent right about now.
Wow, yeah I'm sure the saints didnt want to chance losing Murry as thier plan b also, so they had to make a move with Ingram wanting 8. Really sucks

All I can find is the Rapaport tweet. I’d be grateful if you could link me to any credible source that has verified what you’re saying at this stage.
How about USA today quoting Larry Holder @ $7.5M?
Reports: Mark Ingram asking for $7.5M APY, Ravens in front
Per Larry Holder of the Athletic, Ingram set his asking price at $7.5 million. That’s a big number for a running back of his age, but would match what the San Francisco 49ers gave Jerrick McKinnon last offseason. And Josh Katzenstein of the Times-Picayune is reporting that the Baltimore Ravens are in the lead to secure Ingram’s services.

There are others but not going to quote them all. It gives credence to "multiple sources". Were these sources right or wrong? That I don't know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom