Mark Ingram Tied for 1st in NFL with 5.3 YPC (backs with over 100 carries) (1 Viewer)

So does that make Saints O-line and Ingram better than the girls O-line and Zeke?

Just devils advocate here. Don't think Saints O-line is better.

Better play calling I think and Ingram is better than he is given credit for.

Plus Drew makes everyone better.
Love what the offense is doing.

Everybody's knock on him was that "he never breaks off big runs" "too slow to be a home run threat"... where is that crowd at now?

He had the best game of his career first time back after the benching, and just rattled off another career game. I think he did respond to the benching, it lit a fire under him. Although I do agree Ingram was unfairly criticized and a better player than most of SR gave him credit.

You could also argue that just giving a RB a week or two off to recover from the season's wear and tear is huge. So I kind of like this new split we have between Ingram and Hightower to keep Ingram a bit fresher.

I used to think of Ingram as a bellcow RB but he actually seems to play best when we have a lot of interior runs period, even if some of those runs are by Hightower.

Congrats to Ingram! I'm one of the posters that was hard on him earlier this season, and I'm happy to admit he's a better back than I thought. The key with him seems to be making him run angry by making sure he has competition in the backfield. I think Hightower's hard running style has given Ingram something to prove, and he's proving it.

Everybody's knock on him was that "he never breaks off big runs" "too slow to be a home run threat"... where is that crowd at now?

I always thought he was a good runner that could get the big chunk plays, but always had issues getting past the safeties and taking it to the house.

He has blown the doors off that theory this year.

I've always enjoyed watching how hard he runs and the last 3 seasons he's really turned it up a notch.

I'm liking the creativity in moving the o-line around too, our o-line coach needs a raise after this season.

I didn't know how else to respond since your post did not contain any logic or observations. You got the reply your post deserved.

The answer to the question was No. I had no need to repeat myself thus no response was warranted.

Old video, but we shouldn't forget that when healthy... Ingram has all the tools necessary for BEASTING!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jUIVuDqf41c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:gosaints:

I've never seen him play this way. Not even in college. He's showing skills I didn't think he had, namely speed and even some strength.

You weren't watching apparently.

Last year...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sSMce8CJ47Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ingram only needs 250 yards to become the Saints Second Greatest rushing back behind Deuce. He still needs 2100 to reach Deuce.

Ingram is currently second all time in Yards Per Carry for Saints backs with over 300 carries behind Pierre Thomas.

ypc
Pierre 4.6
Ingram 4.4
Deuce 4.3
Rogers 4.3

That 4.4 stat is pretty amazing considering he was forced to play as the running down back until Pierre finally left the team. In that situation defenses all knew the saints were running the football when Mark got into the game as Pierre was our blocking back and receiver out of the backfield. It is No coincidence that once Mark started playing as Brees's personal protector that his numbers improved dramatically.

Fumble rates - Once per X Touches
Deuce 83
Mark 113
Pierre 163 - sexy.

The answer to the question was No. I had no need to repeat myself thus no response was warranted.

You claimed Ingram played the same before and after his benching. I noted the best two games of his career have come in the short time since his benching. Then you implied it was because of the O line. I asked if you thought the O line played better than it ever had since Ingram's benching, your one word response was "No". If you are able to follow logic, you'd see that you've not made a coherent explanation for Ingram's breakout performance following his benching. I gave you an opportunity to do so, but you declined. Have a nice day.

You claimed Ingram played the same before and after his benching. I noted his best two games have come in the short time since his benching. Then you implied it was because of the O line. I asked if you thought the O line played better than it ever had since Ingram's benching, your one word response was "No". If you are able to follow logic, you'd see that you've not made a coherent explanation for Ingram's breakout performance following his benching. I gave you an opportunity to do so, but you declined. Have a nice day.

I implied those games were his "greatest" because of two long runs. And on those two long runs he was not touched for 60+ yards, if you go untouched that is the oline and play calling. I also stated that he has performed at the same level as he has last season. Meaning his Performances has NOT changed. My logic was sound, and it didn't need to be repeated. But apparently you needed that to be explained like you were 5 years old as your "yes" response indicated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom