Mark Ingram Tied for 1st in NFL with 5.3 YPC (backs with over 100 carries) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Among backs with over 100 carries this year Mark Ingram (136 attempts) is tied for first with Miami's Jay Ajayi (161 attempts) at 5.3 yards per carry.

NFL Stats: by Player Position

*sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I didn't see it, and it's pretty ******* impressive.

I thought it was interesting that Strief was lining up to the left of Armstead on the 1st play after half then BOOM! Man those long runs really give a team a boost. Hope we can still continue manufacture explosive runs moving forward

Ingram would be a 1,500 yard back on a lot of teams. He's really a stud when we choose to feed him.

It is very easy to forget that this guy is only 26 years old and is just now entering his prime.

Old video, but we shouldn't forget that when healthy... Ingram has all the tools necessary for BEASTING!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jUIVuDqf41c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:gosaints:

His time on the bench did wonders for him

That is so over played, the benching did not "do him wonders". The oline was not 100% at the beginning of the year and we had Peat moving around. Now the oline is still not 100%, but they have gotten better as a group.

Ingram still averaged ~4.5 yards per carry before being benched for fumbling. The Saints just continually failed to commit to the run until 5 games ago. Ingram is a beast, and I'm glad he is shutting up all the haters this season.

That is so over played, the benching did not "do him wonders". The oline was not 100% at the beginning of the year and we had Peat moving around. Now the oline is still not 100%, but they have gotten better as a group.

Ingram still averaged ~4.5 yards per carry before being benched for fumbling. The Saints just continually failed to commit to the run until 5 games ago. Ingram is a beast, and I'm glad he is shutting up all the haters this season.

He had the best game of his career first time back after the benching, and just rattled off another career game. I think he did respond to the benching, it lit a fire under him. Although I do agree Ingram was unfairly criticized and a better player than most of SR gave him credit.

I agree. I really dislike the tendency of fans to reduce a player's results to desire and fear. It's just silly.

He had the best game of his career first time back after the benching, and just rattled off another career game. I think he did respond to the benching, it lit a fire under him. Although I do agree Ingram was unfairly criticized and a better player than most of SR gave him credit.

The dude broke 2 long runs on plays that he didn't get touched on until 60+ yards down the field. That was play calling and oline play. I don't think the benching really had anything to do with those runs. That is what made those games "the best of this career." His burst has always been there when healthy. And the guy is always on fire when it comes to being motivated. That has been his personality his entire career.

He has been performing at this level all season and last season for that matter, besides his two huge fumbles. When the oline is playing well and we commit to the run Ingram gets to shine. Same for Hightower.

Got to give the offensive line a lot of credit. Some of those holes you could drive a mack truck thru. Others Ingram just shows determination and effort for those extra yards. Just hope the fumbling problem was a blip on the screen as it is obvious we are a far better team with a complimentary rushing attack. Drew is all the more effective when he can play action.

The dude broke 2 long runs on plays that he didn't get touched on until 60+ yards down the field. That was play calling and oline play. I don't think the benching really had anything to do with those runs. That is what made those games "the best of this career." His burst has always been there when healthy. And the guy is always on fire when it comes to being motivated. That has been his personality his entire career.

He has been performing at this level all season and last season for that matter, besides his two huge fumbles. When the oline is playing well and we commit to the run Ingram gets to shine. Same for Hightower.

Pretty weird coincidence the timing just happens to be like that. The o line never did as good of a job blocking for him until the game after his benching, is that what you're saying?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom