Mark Ingram tweeting at Patrick Peterson (1 Viewer)

Not a negative nancy but i just dont see it being possible. Too many contracts coming up next year. Then again they have worked wizardry before.

Before the Giants gave OBJ that ridiculous deal Id say we could manage it. But both Michael Thomas and Kamara will demand that type of contract when they're both up. We better save some of dat cap.

Before the Giants gave OBJ that ridiculous deal Id say we could manage it. But both Michael Thomas and Kamara will demand that type of contract when they're both up. We better save some of dat cap.

If I'm not mistaken, Peterson only has 2 years left on his current deal. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Kamara and Thomas have 2 years left on their contracts. If I'm right, when Peterson's deal is up, they can route some of that money to Kamara and Thomas. Things change fast in the NFL. Who knows what we'll be wanting to happen in 2021. If the compensation is fair, I'm for bringing in Peterson. His salary won't have any effect on AK and MT for at least 2 years.

That's why we need Taysom to live up to the hype. I'm a big Hill fan by the way ?. If I could, I'd have a home,away and color rush jersey with #7 on the back. I do have a Sharper jersey tho ?

Before the Giants gave OBJ that ridiculous deal Id say we could manage it. But both Michael Thomas and Kamara will demand that type of contract when they're both up.

Both those two will be offered that type of deal as well... better hope our saints are one of them. I talk with outside saints fans from time to time and not one of them misses the chance to say they hope to have one of those two some day on their teams

I just don’t see it. Team chemistry is awesome now and that position is not one we need help with.

I just don’t see it. Team chemistry is awesome now and that position is not one we need help with.

We definitely could use help at that position.
Injuries have depleted us and we’ve had a rough go at #2 corner this year so far.
To me you can never have enough corners.

I can't decide between the hypnosis post and Loomis throwing money out the window for :potd:

1a and 1b I guess. :smilielol:

And I’ll add that our TE group is producing and at a much lower salary than what Jimmy wanted.
Sure, the Saints are getting by offensively without missing a beat. But Jimmy is a generational TE talent that we have seen before with Brees. Just imagine having ONE MORE amazing weapon on the field. It is what it is though. I can't complain about having Ben Watson on the team. At his age he's still getting it done and has a great attitude. A definite leader.

If I'm not mistaken, Peterson only has 2 years left on his current deal. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Kamara and Thomas have 2 years left on their contracts. If I'm right, when Peterson's deal is up, they can route some of that money to Kamara and Thomas. Things change fast in the NFL. Who knows what we'll be wanting to happen in 2021. If the compensation is fair, I'm for bringing in Peterson. His salary won't have any effect on AK and MT for at least 2 years.

That's correct. From a long term standpoint, Peterson's contract isn't an issue. Putting aside the compensation (draft picks given) aspect of what it would mean, if you wanted you could cut bail on Peterson without much impact after this season.

His dead money for next year is barely $1M should he be let go: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/patrick-peterson-7720/

I'm not saying we'd want to deal picks for someone then cut them, but I'm just saying as a hypothetical, the cost of Peterson isn't an issue because you can only spread signing bonuses over 5 years in the NFL, and this is the 5th year of his reworked deal.

As much as I'd love to see Petersen in the B&G, my guess is this tweet has more to do with the Bama-LSU game coming up than anything else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom