Mark looks like he is just going through the motions (1 Viewer)

Wow. I went in thinking is was going to be just fan bias, but OP wasn't kidding. I haven't seen Ingram struggle to smile in an interview like that in a long while. He's not anywhere close to the same fun, energetic glow that he's had the last few seasons. Part of that is probably just comfort level in a new environment, but man did it suck to watch that.

imho, the Saints Coaches and FO have created an electric, high energy, focused, fun team spirit. Brees just adds so much confidence to all his teammates and SP adds elite winning leadership and the coaches have instilled the "We are going to the SB every year" mentality so this is an ideal place for players to enjoy playing their best while going deep into the playoffs every year.

I think Mark misses that and his close buddies on the team. As excited as I am about Latavius Murray, there is no question that players and fans will both miss Mark. He was a key part to the locker room chemistry

I don't see what everyone is talking about with Mark? What is he supposed to be doing and or saying? Reach much...he's the consummate professional, he's not going to not try anymore, or turn into a horrible football player just because he's no longer a Saint. I'm guessing some of you are hoping he sucks with the Ravens or just don't want him to be happy because he's not a Saint anymore. I guess it gives some of y'all something to talk about...

Lol at whoever said struggling to smile! Lol, literally rolling on the floor with that one. ? A grown man that doesn't know how to build bonds because he's not in a Saints uni anymore. Lol, I'm dead, Mark Ingram is so distraught that he's not playing with his buddy Kamara anymore.??✌

Last edited:
It's too bad it had to end this way I thought there was no way we would end up here but I do think we have some good things coming with Murray and the new blood coming in. I thought he would retire a Saint but like many they never stop being one deep down inside this was just lack of communication and what seems to be a over calculation by a agent.

imho, I think SP was sending a message to the other players and their agents. The Saints will work very hard with the agents to keep key players, however, the minute a player or their agent tries some bs to get a better deal, SP moves on immediately just like we did move so quickly to get Murray right after Mark's agent threw those absurd "supposed offers" around. Players who want to stay with the Saints now know that their agents can't try any cute gamesmanship with the Saints during contract negotiations.

imho, I think SP was sending a message to the other players and their agents. The Saints will work very hard with the agents to keep key players, however, the minute a player or their agent tries some bs to get a better deal, SP moves on immediately just like we did move so quickly to get Murray right after Mark's agent threw those absurd "supposed offers" around. Players who want to stay with the Saints now know that their agents can't try any cute gamesmanship with the Saints during contract negotiations.

I like the no nonsense aggressive approach you're correct it sends a big message. It will be interesting to see how the dynamics of this when it comes to extending Thomas's contract and among our other superstar talent.

I like the no nonsense aggressive approach you're correct it sends a big message. It will be interesting to see how the dynamics of this when it comes to extending Thomas's contract and among our other superstar talent.

Really good point Sainster. As you point out, we do have some major contract negotiations with Jordan and our young stars coming up in short order.

Well, to be fair it isn't really CSP's wheelhouse. That's Loomis' approach and decision. CSP probably has some say but just like Mickey doesn't call plays, CSP doesn't make the salary decisions.

Really good point Sainster. As you point out, we do have some major contract negotiations with Jordan and our young stars coming up in short order.

I think Thomas will be very interesting being that he will be coming up after this year. We know his feeling on how wide receivers should get paid so hopefully it won't be a stressful long drawn out process. Jordan who is also coming up I think with the knowledge that he wants to be here and that means just as much as money will work out really smoothly or I pray my old heart can't take much more after these last 2 years:LOL: I wish Ingram the best it after I had heard the news right before I went to the Saints Hall of Fame so it was strange for a bit.

If Mark is bummed out, who could blame him? Think about what he was. He was a veteran leader on one of the best teams in the NFL. He was a beloved fan favorite on a team with the best fanbase in the league. He was closing in on being the Saints all time rushing leader. He was a key part of one of the best offenses in the league and he was part of one of the best backfields we've seen.

Now? He's in Baltimore. He's the new guy. Instead of having Drew Brees in the huddle he has Lamar Jackson. In the back of his mind I'm sure he's thinking, "I left the Saints for this? And I didn't even get that much more money?"

I wish Mark the best of luck and he should have every opportunity to succeed. He's going to get all the touches he can handle and if he stays healthy I'm sure he'll put up some good numbers. I mean, Gus Edwards rushed for over 700 yards in that offense last year. But you have to wonder if it will be worth it.

Wonder if they would cut him if he doesn't do well in preseason? Would we resign him? Man....Mark just don't look right with that Raven logo on him.
That is not going to happen this year. While I too believe he or his agent or both made a huge mistake, I do trust that Mark will have a very solid year being the feature guy in the RPO offense that they will run. The worry I have about Mark is that he is going to probably be overused in that offense and he is going to have amply opportunities to get himself injured due to the number of carries he will probably accrue. He has always been a class act and here's hoping he has an all pro year with the Ravens - after all they are not in our Conference!

It's quite obvious that Mark just doesn't have the same energy as he did when he was here so far. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous at best.

I don't see what everyone is talking about with Mark? What is he supposed to be doing and or saying? Reach much...he's the consummate professional, he's not going to not try anymore, or turn into a horrible football player just because he's no longer a Saint. I'm guessing some of you are hoping he sucks with the Ravens or just don't want him to be happy because he's not a Saint anymore. I guess it gives some of y'all something to talk about...

Lol at whoever said struggling to smile! Lol, literally rolling on the floor with that one. ? A grown man that doesn't know how to build bonds because he's not in a Saints uni anymore. Lol, I'm dead, Mark Ingram is so distraught that he's not playing with his buddy Kamara anymore.??✌

What a terrible post. lol , LOL literally rolling on the LITERAL floor in terribleness! Lol, i'm dead literally.. lol lol lol :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:(n)

It's quite obvious that Mark just doesn't have the same energy as he did when he was here so far. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous at best.

What a terrible post. lol , LOL literally rolling on the LITERAL floor in terribleness! Lol, i'm dead literally.. lol lol lol :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:(n)
Lol, no worse than this one! I love people like you...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom