Mark Murphy (CEO of Packers)- He Must Read Saints Report? (1 Viewer)

Then there's the players' safety. So the NFL goes to Thursday nite games and we all know the quality of play of Thursday with less time to prepare for the games and far less time than even experts like Coach Pete say is not nearly enough time for players' bodies to recover and as the season wears on, the quality of most Thursday nite games is not much better than the 3rd preseason games. That Panther Thursday game we barely won last year was pathetic play by both exhausted, beat-up teams.

The thing I hate about Thursday nite games is the utter unfairness when one team may have had a bye on the Sunday before and the other team may have played Sunday nite!

It should be that EVERY team that plays a TNF game has a bye the Sunday before.

(Or at the very least, BOTH teams play an early game on Sunday. Even though that doesn't even the playing field since you have to also take into account the "home vs away aspects"... )

Have you ever seen the 1st two regular season games? They are pretty trash as teams try to figure out how their pieces fit together.

And learn to TACKLE again, you know, since they can't really tackle in the training camps anymore.

smh at the lack of prep in the offseason to be Full-On READY for that FIRST GAME of Regular Season...

I’d be all for extending the season to 18 weeks and giving 2 bye weekends. Have the teams coming off the byes play the Thursday game that way they get about ten off coming in and ten off going after.

Another bye won’t hurt viewership, and it will allow some of the guys to at least have the minor dings get better.

As far as expanding the roster, ok, but do the guys in spaces 55-65 say even play anyway? I mean there’s depth but even now there are players that hardly see the field. Adding more to that number I can’t see helping the situation much.
Yes to the 18 weeks, 16 games, 2 byes.

TV money is where it's at. Give an extra week for TV ad revenue.

They should just go 18 weeks instead of 17 weeks add a bye and one game. Eliminate the fourth preseason game. Expand the rosters and spread the byes out. No team has a bye the first two weeks. Adding two more regular season games is stretching it. Make it to where any teams playing on Thursday night get a bye the previous week. This keeps all the historical statistics valid, which to me is a big problem as a fan with increasing the number of games in a season. The toll on these players bodies is already at a limit and the problem would really come in the playoffs where stars are more likely to be playing at less than 100% even if in the starting line up. I want high quality playoff games with stars. This could also be expanded with a third bye. The league makes so much money off the prime time games and national audiences. Yes, your local team is going to have breaks, but given the popularity of fantasy football and parity in the league, spreading the season out makes more sense to make more dollars and giving the players more time to rest during the season seems like a much better strategy then this ridiculous any player can only play in 16 out of 18 games. What the hell, we're going to have two kickers now, backup quarterbacks are going to get big raises. That idea is counter intuitive and is going to annoy fans to the extreme when their healthy pro bowler is on the bench as that one loss keeps them out the playoffs.

“Maybe another way to do this is to add one neutral site game and one international one for every team, so we can use this to grow the game.”

Kind of looks familiar, right?

Despite all the coverage on this recently.

I would be very very shocked if this became a reality.

Maybe one day there could be 18 games in a regular season.

But....

This players can only 16 of the 18 games would never get passed. This might be one of the worst suggestions I have ever heard in my lifetime!

Essentially all your doing is making 2 preseason games count towards your record, but enforcing strict roster limitations for absolutely NO reason at all!

There is just no Logic in that at all....

Then again, Roger Goodell is the commissioner soooo.... I guess it could happen?.?.?.?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom