Mark my words (OP prediction about DeSean Watson) Mod edit (1 Viewer)

Hedon James

the agitant f/k/a Jekylz Hyde
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's called due diligence my dude, they'd be doing themselves a disservice to not find out how much it'll cost....especially after he's already put it out there as to where he'd like to go.
Exactly!

Saints inquire about the cost of the top pick (or as far up as any top pick is willing to trade out of), but they never actually pull the trigger. They also inquire about the windfall of trading down, but almost never do. (have they actually done that since Payton's inaugural season, when we landed Hollis Thomas & Mark Simoneau in a trade down?)

An inquiry doesn't mean you're doing it. It might not even mean you're interested. Maybe it just means you're performing your due diligence to find out the cost/benefit of doing business.

PHdeacon

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I say they draft a franchise QB if there’s one to be had and sit him behind Jamies for a year or two if they have that luxury. Would be best case senario.
Rookie franchise QB's don't sit a year or two anymore. Everyone is looking for the next Peyton Manning or Troy Akmin,that starts from day one.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Your words have been marked.

I guess it's not beyond the realm of possibility. That's almost as much as they were offering for Joe Burrow so it's in line with what they are willing to give up for a franchise QB.

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Rookie franchise QB's don't sit a year or two anymore. Everyone is looking for the next Peyton Manning or Troy Akmin,that starts from day one.
Yep. If your not playing your first round rookie QB right away your wasting his cheap playing time.

Que Que 6

Rookie
Reaction score
We ain't trading for any of these QBs during the offseason, so get it out of your head. Even if we were to...we'd be out of multiple #1s and probably a skill player as well with no cap or no draft picks to backfill...our BEST out is that we resign JW on an incentivized 2 year, use our #1 on a WR to get some help w/ the skill players.

Or if you're not rolling w/ JW, let Ian Cook...and prove that he has an NFL arm...I don't want to see none of that floaty stuff though
LOL. Floaty stuff. I love this place!

BBarnes6182

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
That's called due diligence my dude, they'd be doing themselves a disservice to not find out how much it'll cost....especially after he's already put it out there as to where he'd like to go.
Doesn’t take away from anything I said

I said they called about him at the deadline, which is exactly what they did

BBarnes6182

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Exactly!

Saints inquire about the cost of the top pick (or as far up as any top pick is willing to trade out of), but they never actually pull the trigger. They also inquire about the windfall of trading down, but almost never do. (have they actually done that since Payton's inaugural season, when we landed Hollis Thomas & Mark Simoneau in a trade down?)

An inquiry doesn't mean you're doing it. It might not even mean you're interested. Maybe it just means you're performing your due diligence to find out the cost/benefit of doing business.
Again, if you scroll up you’ll see all I said was they called about him at the deadline, which is exactly what happened.

They asked for proof.

I provided that.

Thanks

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
When I see these Wilson & Rodgers posts I always want to know what have either of these guys done in the past several years that would make anybody think they could save a franchise? Wilson won one ring with the Legion of Boom on his side. Rodgers hasn't been to a Superbowl in 10 years.

Deshaun is intriguing because he's so young and showed great abilities in College and in the Pros, but his legal issues raise concerns.

I don't think Sean had the patience to draft and start a rookie so I can only see us with a vet guy that's cheap. I doubt anybody will fit that mold better than Jameis.
I saw the SI article yesterday about the Watson rumors. The article also mentioned the Dolphins and Texans had agreed
on the parameters of the trade. The Dolphins wouldn't pull the trigger until Watson resolves his legal issues. How long that
will take is anyones guess. I can't see Payton making a deal for any player with that much baggage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom