Mark my words (OP prediction about DeSean Watson) Mod edit (1 Viewer)

So a rumor is a proof of fact? Don't think so.
Yea NFL Network was just speaking on rumor. Regardless what you think, they called about Russ. Whether that was due diligence or a legit interest, they called.

When you’re wrong you’re wrong. It’s ok

The Saints are not the kind of franchise (Gale Benson) that would even sign a toxic creep like Watson. End of story.

So a rumor is a proof of fact? Don't think so.
The Saints called about Teddy, and Wilson. At different times in the season. Sean would only be interested in a FA QB that can run his uber complicated west coast offense. Wilson fits that description. Btw......Trevor and Book can also run Sean's System very well, given personnel. All three fit Sean's system like a glove, but only Wilson has proven he can do it at a high level. Watson doesn't fit what we do.

If the Saints are dumb enough to make this deal then they deserve everything that will go with it…..the crippling cap hits of Watson’s salary and trading Thomas (this will lead them to struggle signing players for years), the complete lack of high end talent from the loss of first round draft picks, and the inevitable hammer drop from Goodell on Watson after the trade.

Finally while Mrs. Benson is relatively hands off regarding team operations why in Heaven’s name do you believe she would allow this trade?

Watson's not going anywhere for awhile. He's got 22 civil suits for sexual assault filed against him, and the potential outcomes naturally are not good for him, and the issues may not resolve so quickly.

Wilson, who has two years remaining on a fat contract, I predict stays in Seattle but Pete Carroll and possibly the GM get canned. Seattle has stunk at giving Wilson enough weapons. (Sound familiar?). When Wilson won, not only did they have that defense but they had Beast Mode.

I think we would agree that Sean Payton wants to keep coaching the Saints for many more years, so if they have two mediocre years to shed dead money and affordably re-stock assets, that's probably what they should do.

I do think Aaron Rodgers has the Brady effect of being that one player that makes a team a contender, but again, Rodgers would explode future cap debt for the Saints, and if he hits the market, I doubt he's coming to the Saints. I think he would go home to a west team. Moreso I believe he stays with the Packers.

The Taysom Hill signing signals that next year, it's Winston if they resign him, and Hill.

DeShaun Watson will be a Saint next year and we give 3 first rounders and Michael Thomas
I'd give them 2 first rounders provided the legal issues are behind him. It's still crazy to me for a guy who appeared to a good citizen, good family man and overall great teammate and player to have these type of issues. I know he hasn't been proven guilty but man there is a lot of smoke.

I'm so conflicted because I think SP would do wonders with the football player that is Deshaun Watson. I just don't know if the baggage is too heavy to carry.

The Saints called about Teddy, and Wilson. At different times in the season. Sean would only be interested in a FA QB that can run his uber complicated west coast offense. Wilson fits that description. Btw......Trevor and Book can also run Sean's System very well, given personnel. All three fit Sean's system like a glove, but only Wilson has proven he can do it at a high level. Watson doesn't fit what we do.
You have no idea if Book can run Payton’s offense. He played a handful of series against practice squad players in the first preseason game. How can you guys extrapolate that out to it being a given he can run the offense?

You have no idea if Book can run Payton’s offense. He played a handful of series against practice squad players in the first preseason game. How can you guys extrapolate that out to it being a given he can run the offense?
First of all, he played a whole half of a pre season game against the Ravens. I said he can run Sean's system, but it remains to be seen if he can run it at a high level to run our offense. Is he smart enough, can he make the throws to do it.....yes he can.

First of all, he played a whole half of a pre season game against the Ravens. I said he can run Sean's system, but it remains to be seen if he can run it at a high level to run our offense. Is he smart enough, can he make the throws to do it.....yes he can.
I understand your point and not trying to argue, but Book has not played much and has been running the scout team, not Sean’s offense. Let’s see if he is a even active today. If not that means he couldn’t possibly be ready to play at this point. Maybe week 17? If he actually starts getting backup reps.

I understand your point and not trying to argue, but Book has not played much and has been running the scout team, not Sean’s offense. Let’s see if he is a even active today. If not that means he couldn’t possibly be ready to play at this point. Maybe week 17? If he actually starts getting backup reps.
I agree with you, he is not ready. I wasn't advocating that he start this season. I think it at this point, it would be reckless to put Book in this mess of a roster. He is not ready to start. I Guess my feelings on Book is that he was drafted to be a starter, and will compete next yr with Trevor and Taysom in 2022. I think Sean would make a decision about the starter, after pre season.

IMHO I think Sean is looking to bring Book along like the Patts did with Mac Jones. Come 2022 book will be fully expected run Sean's offense in pre season. He already has a better screen game of any QB on the roster. Book played more top 10 defenses and beat more ranked teams at ND than #2 over all Zach Wilson ever played.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom