Mark my words (OP prediction about DeSean Watson) Mod edit (1 Viewer)

We ain't trading for any of these QBs during the offseason, so get it out of your head. Even if we were to...we'd be out of multiple #1s and probably a skill player as well with no cap or no draft picks to backfill...our BEST out is that we resign JW on an incentivized 2 year, use our #1 on a WR to get some help w/ the skill players.

Or if you're not rolling w/ JW, let Ian Cook...and prove that he has an NFL arm...I don't want to see none of that floaty stuff though
And how do you know we aren’t going to trade for a QB?

I say they draft a franchise QB if there’s one to be had and sit him behind Jamies for a year or two if they have that luxury. Would be best case senario.

Last edited:
I doubt Watson will ever be a Saint. He was able to get into world of hurt with Houston's distractions I can only imagine what trouble he could generate with New Orleans' night life. Rusty, on the other hand, would be a great fit with the Black and Gold.

This is the 'grasping at straws' self-deception that every declining team experiences.

We've gamed the salary cap so hard over the last several years trying to get Drew a second ring, we've destroyed our depth, add to that a pretty average showing in the draft recently, plus untimely injuries, and you have a team on the decline.

We don't have a WR that could even be a #2 for any other team, with the possible exception of Harris.

Zach Baun has not progressed and the TE position is a mess.

I predict it's going to be a rocky few years before we have the ability to get back to elite status.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom