Mark my words (OP prediction about DeSean Watson) Mod edit (1 Viewer)

Exactly!

Saints inquire about the cost of the top pick (or as far up as any top pick is willing to trade out of), but they never actually pull the trigger. They also inquire about the windfall of trading down, but almost never do. (have they actually done that since Payton's inaugural season, when we landed Hollis Thomas & Mark Simoneau in a trade down?)

An inquiry doesn't mean you're doing it. It might not even mean you're interested. Maybe it just means you're performing your due diligence to find out the cost/benefit of doing business.
Again, if you scroll up you’ll see all I said was they called about him at the deadline, which is exactly what happened.

They asked for proof.

I provided that.

Thanks

When I see these Wilson & Rodgers posts I always want to know what have either of these guys done in the past several years that would make anybody think they could save a franchise? Wilson won one ring with the Legion of Boom on his side. Rodgers hasn't been to a Superbowl in 10 years.

Deshaun is intriguing because he's so young and showed great abilities in College and in the Pros, but his legal issues raise concerns.

I don't think Sean had the patience to draft and start a rookie so I can only see us with a vet guy that's cheap. I doubt anybody will fit that mold better than Jameis.
I saw the SI article yesterday about the Watson rumors. The article also mentioned the Dolphins and Texans had agreed
on the parameters of the trade. The Dolphins wouldn't pull the trigger until Watson resolves his legal issues. How long that
will take is anyones guess. I can't see Payton making a deal for any player with that much baggage.

Rookie franchise QB's don't sit a year or two anymore. Everyone is looking for the next Peyton Manning or Troy Akmin,that starts from day one.
That’s your opinion. Doesn’t mean that it can’t and shouldn’t happen. Do you think that if the Saints were able to get Mahomes in the draft when they targeted him that he would have immediately started? No. Drew had three more years in him.

Marked!!!!!! I'm not sure Watson will ever play in the NFL again...we will see....

Again, if you scroll up you’ll see all I said was they called about him at the deadline, which is exactly what happened.

They asked for proof.

I provided that.

Thanks
What you provided was "sources told us" That's not proof.

They asked for proof.

I provided that.

Thanks
Not disputing anything you said. In fact, my statement actually SUPPORTS your statement. My personal opinion....I can't see the Saints paying the ransom asked for any of the big 3 QB targets Watson/Wilson/Rodgers. At least not with the current holes on our Roster. We're gonna need those picks to replenish/restock our front line starters, IMO.

But I can absolutely see the Saints calling to inquire about the cost. It's what they do...leave no stone unturned. Others have said it; you repeated it; and I have no doubt about that.

We ain't trading for any of these QBs during the offseason, so get it out of your head. Even if we were to...we'd be out of multiple #1s and probably a skill player as well with no cap or no draft picks to backfill...our BEST out is that we resign JW on an incentivized 2 year, use our #1 on a WR to get some help w/ the skill players.

Or if you're not rolling w/ JW, let Ian Cook...and prove that he has an NFL arm...I don't want to see none of that floaty stuff though.
The Saints should also allow Ian Book to start and prove what he has as an NFL QB. Maybe Ian Cook and Ian Book, both, will be good. But IDK. 🤪🤪

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom