Mark Sanchez troubled by "Saints D" (in practice) (1 Viewer)

part of my likes this, but another part of me things this is just being thrown out there as a smoke screen.

Looks to me that the article is readying excuses for a lost.

I like what I'm reading about the Jets right now, but it's almost too negative from Ryan. I think some of this is smokescreen.

Don't believe it. Ryan is trying to pacify the crowd. He knows damn well what he going to do. All this bull about how "nervous" he is and how unprepared Sanchez is. Whatever. I've watched Buddy ball for a long time and Ryans don't get nervous. They kick tail. Always have and always will. They will be ready. We just have to rock the dome hard.

so, should I call up my brother in N.J. this weekend before the game and talk some trash or what ? or should I not risk it and wait until I see the results :hihi:

I'm hoping for a good beating.. another 6 or 7 Saints TDs

:gosaints:

part of my likes this, but another part of me things this is just being thrown out there as a smoke screen.

Not to pick an argument, but a smokescreen for what? That this rookie QB thrives on mutiple look defenses and crowd noise?

I guess I could an argument could be made that he is trying to make the Saints complacent, but I can't see doing that at the expense of making your QB a target for mind games on the field and encouraging the crowd.

If it is a smokescreen SP and GW are too smart to fall for it.

this game is pretty straightforward in my opinion:

avoid turnovers and special teams mistakes = big Saints win.

Why the heck would this kinda information even get out if it were true? The Jets have made it clear they want to have media battles as well as on the field ones with the teams they face.

It really doesn't matter whether it's true or not, whether it's a smokescreen or not...Because one thing is certain: GW is going to test Sanchez like he's never been tested before in a NFL game.

Sanchez will be pressured consistently; coverages will be disguised; blitzes will be disguised; he will see more fronts than he's seen in his first 3 weeks; and he'll have to make the reads and adjustments with the most deafening crowd he's experienced in his brief NFL career.

Whether the delay of game penalties in practice story is true or not is irrelevant... because in 2 days, it'll play itself out.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a smoke screen. I just think that Ryan knows that the Saints know and expect this. He's not worried about saying it as if it's going to change the game. The man has shown that's he not the shy/secretive type. Payton is kind of like this, too... he's pretty open about intentions and strengths/weaknesses/points of emphasis even during the week.

I wouldn't read too much into this. Sanchez will struggle with the looks/crowd noise. He practices against a defense that, itself, gives a lot of looks, but not the same looks. He is a rookie. None of this is a secret. And Ryan knows that being open about this isn't going to determine the outcome of the game.

No matter what, the crowd will be loud and GW is going to send his defense after the rookie.

I sure hope you folks heading to the game are up for it.. hope you all make some noise !!

:gosaints:

Guys its been smokescreens all week long. This is nothing new. Open your eyes and ears. All these statements about being nervous, secondary banged up (they have everyone listed on the injury report including the ball boy last i checked), and the Golden Boy is now having trouble recognizing alignments after practicing against the Jets elite defense all TC. Im not biting, SP and GW arent biting, and neither are the 70,000 strong that will make the Golden Boy deaf come Sun. Rex knows hes in for the fight of his life and is grasping at straws for any type of advantage he can muster. Good luck fat boy, u gonna need it.

Why would Ryan speak publicly about a weakness that the Saints can take advantage of? I doubt it's as serious as Rex is leading us to believe. I realize just about every QB has some issues reading a D that is changing play by play or before the snap and a rookie should only be worse, but I am not buying what Rex is saying.

Apparently Sanchez is not adept at reading the Saints D. This has lead to delay of game penalties during practice.

This could be a feast for the D. We have to hit this guy in the mouth (not really that'll cost us 15 yds) and keep him rattled. Shut down the run and we'll come out with a W on Sunday.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/10/ny_jets_backfield_banged_up_he.html

I like what I'm reading about the Jets right now, but it's almost too negative from Ryan. I think some of this is smokescreen.

Don't believe a word of what comes from the Jets this week.

Why the heck would this kinda information even get out if it were true? The Jets have made it clear they want to have media battles as well as on the field ones with the teams they face.

Totally agree. This is a some bull by the Jets. Their defense probably has just as much or more fronts than the Saints. So does that mean Sanchez has been having this problems all year? I don't buy it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom