Mark Schlereth says the Saints will not make the playoffs! (1 Viewer)

we need to stop talking playoffs, and go the old fashioned way, one game at a time, this week its the steelers, a afc team one that could get away, we need at least four out of eight, but one at a time

well.... the question was a long the lines of which 6 - 2 team would be most likely to miss the playoffs and Schlereth said he loved everything the Saints are doing, but that the schedule just gets too hard. He never said we won't make the playoffs. He just said out of the other 6 - 2 teams... we have the toughest road to the playoffs. What he said was true.. and making the playoffs isn't going to be a cake walk.

I think it will be the Panthers, Seriously. There defense are overratted, the talking heads at ESPN afraid to say. They are 19th in Total Defense (20 Pass, 21 Run). Plus, they inconsisent they could play lights out against the Ravens, then yield 24 in the 4th quarter at HOME!!!! I getting sick of this team getting a free pass to the Playoffs by the pundits, There are flawed, more then the Falcons.

Does it matter? :shrug:

>>Does it matter?

Exactly. Who cares? I sure don't.

Why don't someone who wants ex-player "media" respect volunteer to keep a list of all negative Saints comments and then publish the respective e-mail addresses where they can be assaulted if and when the Saints do something they claimed wouldn't happen. :shrug:

TPS

this thread is useless without pics

:_rofl: :smilielol: EXACTLY!!!

We aren't in the playoffs yet in 2006.
Until we've locked up a spot, the media can say anything they want to stir the pot.

If we DO get there, it will be fun watching those sports 'experts' having to scrape egg off of their faces and eat healthy portions of crow on their media outlets.

:ezbill:

The Panthers, Eagles, Vikings, Chiefs and Steelers aren't 6-2. The question was which 6-2 team would be more likely to miss the playoffs (not that any will: they all may make it. They were asked if somene didn't make it, who would it be). And the name of the segment is "fact or fiction" They will say either something is a fact or it's fiction. It's all opinion. But pay attention to the format and the question. I just wanted to nitpick about this thread :)

He said the same thing a couple days ago on the segment, Cold Hard Facts. Question was of the teams with winning records, which is most likely not to make the playoffs? I was surprised he went with the Saints when the AFC has such 5-3 teams as the Chiefs and Jaguars.

edit: of the 6-2 teams, I think the most likely to miss the playoffs is the Chargers. Denver leading the division and two 5-3 teams right behind them in the wildcard hunt.

Last edited:
I don't want any of those media clowns on our bandwagon. Every time they hop on our bandwagon we lose. We need them to stay as far away as possible. I hope they say we won't win a game for the rest of the season.

Oh No! Another Connecticut elitist has picked against the Saints! Whatever shall become of our beloved team?!? Seriously, friends, why care what these folk say about the Saints? Just laugh at their ignorance (and maybe punch John Clayotn in his girl parts).

The Panthers, Eagles, Vikings, Chiefs and Steelers aren't 6-2. The question was which 6-2 team would be more likely to miss the playoffs (not that any will: they all may make it. They were asked if somene didn't make it, who would it be). And the name of the segment is "fact or fiction" They will say either something is a fact or it's fiction. It's all opinion. But pay attention to the format and the question. I just wanted to nitpick about this thread :)

Which team with a winning record, not 6-2, would miss. Add in all the 5-3 teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom