Marlon McCree to be released (1 Viewer)

He would be a option but he would be way behind Gibril Wilson and Ken Hamlin.

I disagree. I think we have plenty of SS's that can hit. We need a FS who can cover people and protect our CB's like Bullocks couldn't do.

^ what he said. Coverage is key for our secondary, a combo of both would be nice, not one or the other. :)

I disagree. I think we have plenty of SS's that can hit. We need a FS who can cover people and protect our CB's like Bullocks couldn't do.

I agree. SS isn't the problem. McCree's not a guy I'd ever want anyway. He's a cheapshot artist. He's like a dollar store version of Rodney Harrison (whom I absolutely loathe).

McCree hits like a tank. Peyton Manning had two drives against the bolts in the end where he could have staged a comeback. The bolts held peyton both times, and on one drive, McCree saved us by hitting Reggie Wayne so hard that the ball came out and fell incomplete, forcing IND to 4th and long, and even more importantly, forcing the colts to use their last timeout to check if Wayne was still alive ;) It was a perfect shoulder smash by McCree. It's his coverage skills that suffered this year. I don't know if it was scheme or what, but he underachieved this year (he wasnt horrible at all this year, just not as good as last year). Our other safety (Hart) is far worse than McCree in pass coverage. JMO

Harper was benched this year because he couldn't cover nor tackle. So we can use help at SS just as much as FS. We play alot of 2 deep zone with both Safeties in coverage, so both need to be able to cover. Niether of our safties are good in coverage and both make way to many mistakes.

I haven't seen McCree play much, but looking at the stats, I don't think there's compelling evidence that McCree would be an upgrade over Bullocks. They look pretty even on paper.

http://www.nfl.com/players/joshbullocks/profile?id=BUL538299

http://www.nfl.com/players/marlonmccree/profile?id=MCC703848

There are no personal stats that accurately measure a Safty or CB. Tackles/pass deflections mean nothing in trying to grade them.

Someone who sees him play alot is the only way to get a real opinion on him. I'd also look at where his team ranks in giving up plays of 20+ yards.

He isn't that great. Chargers are my 2nd team, behind the saints, and he's gave up plenty of big plays. He is an upgrade over Bullocks, MAYBE, but he isn't that good either way.

There are no personal stats that accurately measure a Safty or CB. Tackles/pass deflections mean nothing in trying to grade them.

Someone who sees him play alot is the only way to get a real opinion on him. I'd also look at where his team ranks in giving up plays of 20+ yards.

If that Chargers pass rush and a group of solid corners can't make you look good, I don't know what can. I don't see this guy being an improvement. They are talking about cutting a guy w/ 3 years left on his contract. While many things go into this decision, one of the primary is his ability on the field.

i assumed everyone knew that so i said something different cause I didnt want to beat a dead horse

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom