Marques Colston Needs To Be In The Ring of Honor ASAP (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The best Saints WR.
I would put him as the second best Saint after Brees. Along with Payton and Brees, he is one of the main architects of that first glory run of Saints Football between '06-'11.
He needs to be inducted soon!

Totally agree. An amazing football player and a class act. Love me some Colston.
MT will pass him imo but MC was a beast.

I don't think so. The ring of honor is to be reserved for Hall of Fame level play and generational importance. I love Colston, don't get me wrong. But he's just not that guy. We already have a player who is better than he ever was and it didn't take a lot of searching for it. It's the same with Deuce. Great player and exemplary Saint. But he's just not there.

I don't think so. The ring of honor is to be reserved for Hall of Fame level play and generational importance. I love Colston, don't get me wrong. But he's just not that guy. We already have a player who is better than he ever was and it didn't take a lot of searching for it. It's the same with Deuce. Great player and exemplary Saint. But he's just not there.
I slightly agree. I think the Ring of Honor should tell the story of the Saints. From Archie Manning to Rickey Jackson and Willie Roaf to Morton Andersen to Tom Benson. Colston is a major part of that story.

Not even the Saints ring of honor Brennan or did I misread and it’s about the HOF?

Not even the Saints ring of honor Brennan or did I misread and it’s about the HOF?

The Saints hall of fame is fine. But not the ring of honor to be permanently displayed in the Dome. Part of that effort and concept is to install a very high standard within the mindset of the organization and fanbase. Colston shouldn't be included despite being beloved and having an excellent career. Being in the pro football HoF should nearly be a requisite and we shouldn't add people every year either. It needs to be a big deal.

The Saints hall of fame is fine. But not the ring of honor to be permanently displayed in the Dome. Part of that effort and concept is to install a very high standard within the mindset of the organization and fanbase. Colston shouldn't be included despite being beloved and having an excellent career. Being in the pro football HoF should nearly be a requisite and we shouldn't add people every year either. It needs to be a big deal.

Copy. Thank you for the clarification. I was ignorant of the difference. When I met Tom Myers a few months ago I looked him up and he is in the Saints hall of fame I believe. Man 36 picks is impressive tho.

For me:
Eric Martin
Quinn Early
Danny A
Joe Horn
Colston
Wes Chandler
Off top of my head those would be the best receivers we’ve had. I admit I did not watch any Danny A or Wes.

I remember this thread topic from several months ago. Do we even know what the actual criteria are for getting on the ring of honor? Is it set in stone somewhere, beyond the click of the spurs on our keyboard cowboy horse's abdomen?

I slightly agree. I think the Ring of Honor should tell the story of the Saints. From Archie Manning to Rickey Jackson and Willie Roaf to Morton Andersen to Tom Benson. Colston is a major part of that story.

That's what the Saints Hall of Fame is for.

That's where I'm at on it. I would be fine if the next name up there is Drew Brees. But if we were going to put another player up there. The only ones I consider worthy are Jahri Evans, Sam Mills or Pat Swilling.... I would be okay with the Dome Patrol as a group...because on their individual merits, Vaughn Johnson would be left off. For non-players I would be fine with Jim Henderson or Jerry Romig...I had Tom Benson on the list the last time this topic came up when someone said Mora needed to be up there (He doesn't). So I think they did a good job with it this year.

Keep the ring of honor great.

Archie Manning is in NFL Hall of Fame? You could probably put the whole Super Bowl team up in the Ring of Honor.

Archie Manning is in NFL Hall of Fame? You could probably put the whole Super Bowl team up in the Ring of Honor.

He's not. He's the one exception that has been made and I'm fine with that. I don't get the super bowl comment though. Brees, Payton, Evans are the only ones from that team that deserve consideration in my opinion.

He's not. He's the one exception that has been made and I'm fine with that. I don't get the super bowl comment though. Brees, Payton, Evans are the only ones from that team that deserve consideration in my opinion.

Tracy Porter? Why not?

Tracy Porter? Why not?

That's just ridiculous. What would make him deserve to be in our ring of honor? Because he made two big plays in two big games? I'll tell you what I'm looking for. A string of all-pro seasons, pro bowl seasons, player of the year, among all-time statistical leaders in NFL history....those are the things I'm looking for.

The best Saints WR.
I would put him as the second best Saint after Brees. Along with Payton and Brees, he is one of the main architects of that first glory run of Saints Football between '06-'11.
He needs to be inducted soon!

Second best Saint? What about Rickey Jackson? Or Deuce? Or Anderson? Colston was a very good receiver. But I think he was as good as he was because of Brees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom