Marques Colston nickname? (1 Viewer)

I think forced nicknames are mentally challenged. They only work when they just evolve naturally.

Besides..."Big Smooth" is/was Sam Perkins.

If we have to force stupid nicknames, can they at least be original?

JOE... oh wait

How bout the Big MC

Or better yet simple is better like"MC" you know like "LT" or "TO"

"Bollywood" (The second largest movie scene in the world behind Hollywood) to comliment Sir Joseph "Hollywood" Horn.

why don't we petition the NFL to allow players to put whatever they want on the back of their jersey....oh wat, that's been done already...and it was retar(t)ed.....

/hehateme

hmmmmm......

How about Cold...Ston... Said with a New Orleans draw of course... I think that fits perfectly.

Guys forget nicknames let's just be ourselves and win as we are doing now. I say don't give him a nickname because it will only lead to disappointment. Listen up... Say you call him "Big Smooth" then all of a sudden he is in a slump ala Derek Jeter, then what do you call him??? Knowing us Saints' fans it will be "Big Drop" or something to that effect. I say let him be him for now and if Joe "Blow my" Horn (is it?) decides to give him a nickname then we will go with that. Look at Steve Smith does he have a nickname? Just play the game and let people respect you for who you are.

Please don't think I am blasting anyone, but I just am loving this season we are having. I like being under the radar. For the first time in (my limited) Saints history, this team seems to be unlike any other and I want to cherish that. If we get too big on it and forget that half of us didn't even have the team winning 5 games this season it won't be as special. Heck we are 6 and 2 right now. Who in NOLA or the world would have imagined that we would be leading the division right now? The loses come easier because unlike other years this team has heart and fights till the end. Basically like the city has all these years. You know part of me really feels that the hurricane really shook up somethings and if nothing else we finally got a football team that EVERYONE will respect not just the "I bleed black and gold" fans. Payton has something going with this team.

I was in the states back in September and I think it was best stated like this... "Payton came in selling and now the team is wanting to buy". Keep them in that state and no matter what downs they have they will always come back for more. I mean who was it??? Drew Brees that said he wish they could have played that game against the Ravens all over again? When is the last time you remebered having a team in New Orleans having heart like that.

Guys I wish I could be home with you in the Dome supporting our team every home game they have, but all I get to do is sit here at 4am Monday morning listening to Jim and Hokie on NFL Field Pass while looking at the animated screen on www.sportsline.com I know it was said a few weeks back by Fujita-san(hehehe) that he felt the fans left the Dome too early. Heck I feel the same way. It doesn't matter if we are losing. Understand that there has not been a game this season where you have seen this team quit. We shouldn't quit as fans either. Support the boys. If you feel like "Aww they are losing and there is no way they can come back" well, remember this... What would you do if the Saints were not in NOLA anymore? Remember last season? You would be ticked right? Savor the moment and root for them and if they lose "SO WHAT?"... We didn't even have a team last year basically. If you are die hard then prove it. If you are a band wagon fan then think about the money you spent and sit your butt down in that seat and get drunk or whatever, but support them until the end. Who knows how soon that end will come.

Hey I don't want to tick anyone off with this post so I will end it here and let us continue to enjoy the season, but will leave you on this last note. Being a Saints fan is like being in love... You hate to love them, but you don't know how much it means to you until it's gone...

Game in Tokyo, Japan

P.S. This message has been inspired a little by a Japanese beer (Asahi Super "Dry"). If you have never tried it I suggest you do. Japanese beer is amazing. Also... I respect everyone on this board and really enjoy all the information that I am able to gather from each and every one of you. I feel like we are all family and of course with family there are always fights amongst each other, but in the end we fend for each other. Saints till the end baby...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom