Marques Colston want LONG TERM DEAL per KFFL (1 Viewer)

He's gonna get taken care of.

One thing Loomis has seemed to always do is take care of our players who've earned it(see: Deuce, McKenzie, Grant, Joe Horn [a few years ago]).

It'll probably happen sometime over the summer, when training camp approaches. That's when we seem to have redone contracts with our own players in the past.

It will get done, no way it doesn't. I agree, they may wait until after FA so that they know how to structure his deal best to work within the cap. Loomis is a cap genius to I'm sure he'll make it work in the best interests of everybody.

Thats one guy i'm not concerned about not resigning, I bet the Saints let Will Smith go before they let Marques Colston go...(Colston, Evans and Smith) I know will be brought back.

This is the most important thing on the front offices priority list. And Colston is owed a huge deal he has had back to back dominant years.

Our most valuable players are:

1. Drew Brees (if the Chargers still had him, they'd have easily won a superbowl.)
2. Marques Colston (we have a top 10 WR, who still hasn't had his breakout season, wow..)
3. Reggie Bush (he has unlimited potential, and should have a successful career despite a bad year.)

Our no.1 priority this season is to give Colston a long term deal.

"I would love to because there is no other team that I would rather play for"

C'mon man. You're supposed to leverage this stuff. Don't say you want to play for the team that is currently underpaying you and not allowing you to feed your family.

Colston, along with Evans, both have no leverage since both would only be RFA's next year. It's still a good idea to get these guys new contracts, but because of them having no leverage, I wouldn't expect enormous deals.

Here's the real question. Who does Mickey try to sign to a long term deal first?

Will Smith has been playing for change compared to the top 15 ends in the league for the past 4 seasons. You can include a probowl start in 06. A top ten end in the NFL. He has kept his mouth shut about a raise even when Charles was about to get paid.

Marques Colston is a corner stone for this team who has set a NFL record for most receptions by a receiver in their first two years. Brees favorite target and top 10 receviver. On the brink of being top 5 wideout in the league.

I will leave Evans out of the equation for the moment because I think either way we should take care of one of these other two guys first guys first.

So who do you think is first priority for our team? Smith, Colston, or Evans?

Here's the real question. Who does Mickey try to sign to a long term deal first?

Will Smith has been playing for change compared to the top 15 ends in the league for the past 4 seasons. You can include a probowl start in 06. A top ten end in the NFL. He has kept his mouth shut about a raise even when Charles was about to get paid.

Marques Colston is a corner stone for this team who has set a NFL record for most receptions by a receiver in their first two years. Brees favorite target and top 10 receviver. On the brink of being top 5 wideout in the league.

I will leave Evans out of the equation for the moment because I think either way we should take care of one of these other two guys first guys first.

So who do you think is first priority for our team? Smith, Colston, or Evans?

Colston by a landslide.

There are very few WR's that possess his ability to get height and catch the ball like he can, plus his speed that comes with his huge frame. I'm sure Loomis will make this prioirty #1 before he even comes close to reaching the end of his deal.

"I would love to because there is no other team that I would rather play for,"

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Quiet Storm/Big Smooth is probably my second favorite player on this team behind Drew Brees. If we had more people on this team with his outlook this sky would be the limit for our team. By the way it's very close between Deuce and Marques.

Guys, remember he is NOT a FA yet. We will be focusing on this years FA before we focus on Colston most likely. I would bet that we don't sign him to a long term deal until after all the rookies are signed. The only other shot would be to get him signed in between FA and the draft.

Colston by a landslide.

There are very few WR's that possess his ability to get height and catch the ball like he can, plus his speed that comes with his huge frame. I'm sure Loomis will make this prioirty #1 before he even comes close to reaching the end of his deal.

I agree but how will this affect Will. I mean he probably feels like he should be next in line, being he's been here longer, you know what I mean. Im just wondering if he would have sour grapes and if would be the start of a holdout or stalled contract negotiations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom