Marques Colston (1 Viewer)

He is a beast...........bigger than T.O. with no attitude prob. and good head on his shoulders.

i just wish they would use him more throughout the game. it seems only late in the game where they use him, most of the time.

4 picks from being Mr Irrelevent. 7th Round.Cudos to the scouting department.

I found it interesting that Dante Stallworth gave him some of the best advice he could get (after the Philly game): to watch film of Terrell Owens and Keyshawn Johnson running routes. I think it was good because physcially, Colston seems to fall somewhere in between the two of them.

I think he looked better in the Baltimore game than in any game before the bye week. I think he looked more explosive, more precise, and more focused. His routes were the most efficient they've been, and it wasn't just the fades and intermediate "inn" and "dig" routes that he's been making his money on. He was all-over the field.

I think Colston is a great cerebral player and learns alot from watching film. He looked alot like the two receivers Dante told him to study.

It sucks because he pulls off these amazing plays where he seems to bounce of defenders and run past everybody for a touchdown when the game is pretty much out of reach. Maybe the defense isn't trying as hard, but I still think he is an amazing receiver and should continue making big plays... I just hope he starts making the plays in the first and second quarters so we don't play catch up so much.
Dont take away from what he did on sunday, he caught a 53yrd pass in the first quarter and i seriously doubt a defense specially a ravens defense would just give up because they are winning...when we played atlanta on monday night, he had 7-8 catches for 90plus yrds so he can/does do it the whole game and not in the fourth quarter, but I do agree that he is a matchup problem for most db's and they need to look at him deep early and often like they did when he beat McAllister deep, he aint scared of no db!!

Not one person would be complaining if he was the 7th pick overall

Great point.

Seventh in yards per game, eighth in yards overall, tied for second in TDs, and leads the top 40 WRs in yards per catch at 17.5.

Biggest rookie steal? ROY. He projects out to 75 catches, 1,320 yards and 14 TDs. Those are Pro Bowl numbers.

4 picks from being Mr Irrelevent. 7th Round.Cudos to the scouting department.

I loved the comment by Loomis (I think) after the game. When asked how Colston could last so long in the draft, and how wonderful a job we did in drafting him, he said (paraphrased) "Obviously, we didn't do a very good job scouting him either- after all, we passed on him six times."

I found it interesting that Dante Stallworth gave him some of the best advice he could get (after the Philly game): to watch film of Terrell Owens and Keyshawn Johnson running routes.

I'm thankful Dante didn't tell Colston to watch Dante (hamstring) on film.

There are so many things that are impressive about this guy, one not often mentioned is how mature he is. Every interview I've seen with the guy he's as focused as can be. Down 35-7 yesterday he made a hell of a spin to go 53 yards for the TD...didn't spike the ball or celebrate, just tossed it to the side and went to the sideline, he knew there was a lot more work to do. Compare that to WRs who are down by 28 and start flexing after a 5 yard gain.

The only thing I'd like to see more of in Colston is agressivness to the ball. When that ball is in the air he has to not be denied. He's too big to be defended if he developes an attitude that when that ball is in the air, it's mine. It'll come.

He catches with his body, that's why :p. I'm not knocking it, it works for him, but that was his knock draft day.

Colston is a BEAST.

It has to be an odd process with those late round picks. The Saints have actually been here in Missouri at a very small AA school looking at one of our receivers. I think it all comes down to homework and by the scouting staff and a lot of road miles.

The kid here does tear the field up and has been shining in his senior season. Is he NFL material? Guess we will find out next April, I think his best bet for hooking up at all will be in the 7th or as an undrafted free agent and just get a shot. At 6'0" and 195# I would think him a little undersized for your prototypical WR in todays NFL but the Saints have been here looking for some reason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom