Marques Colston (2 Viewers)

The second TD catch was just ice cold. The one where he outmuscled his defender, catching the ball on the defender's side, and then gracefully putting both feet in bounds should remove all doubts as to whether he's a flash in the pan. ROY.

The only thing I'd like to see more of in Colston is agressivness to the ball. When that ball is in the air he has to not be denied. He's too big to be defended if he developes an attitude that when that ball is in the air, it's mine. It'll come.

I'm seeing that. Is there a particlar play you can point to where he is lacking such an attitude?

He catches with his body, that's why :p. I'm not knocking it, it works for him, but that was his knock draft day.

Colston is a BEAST.
Catches with his body? we cant be talking about the same Colston, he snatches the ball out of the air with his hands, granted sometimes he lets the ball enter his body, but thats usually when he is sheilding the reciever but he usually or almost always has his hands up snatching the ball out of his hands..thats the thing he gets the most praise for by coaches and analyst.

Here are the records, as someone already posted:

Most Pass Receptions, Rookie, Season: 101 Anquan Boldin
Most Yards Gained, Rookie, Season: 1,473 Bill Groman
Most Touchdowns, Rookie, Season: 17 Randy Moss

Colston is on pace for 75, 1,319, and 14. If he ends up with 1,319 yards and 14 TDs, maybe not records but GEEZ that'd be insane. I mean, Moss is one of the most talented WR I've ever seen (lacking in work ethic as he may). He is Colston's height but can jump higher than anyone else in the NFL and can run by CBs. If Colston was only 3 TDs off his record, that'd be unreal.

How great was our scouting department? We picked him 4th from last out of everything. Guys we were like every other team up to that point. We also passed him many times. We just needed a tall dude, and many undrafted wr's have to be very tall to get signed, so we just kept him from being undrafted so we could have the rights to him.

I love colston great character...Next is a a colston jersey!!

What is the rookie WR record?

Receptions: Anquan Boldin, Arizona, 101, 2003.
Yards: Bill Groman, Houston, 1,473, 1960.
TDs: Randy Moss, Minnesota, 17, 1998.

Colston has 33 receptions for 577 yards with 6 tds after 7 games.

70 receptions for 1,200 yards and 10 tds would be a heckuva good rookie season.

*EDIT* Already posted.

Here is a comparison against other receivers in the NFL, after week 8. He is second in touchdown receptions behind only Holt, but has more yards then holt on 9 less receptions. Also, his yards per catch is 3rd out of the top 20 receivers in the league.....best among the top 10.

1 Andre Johnson HOU 56 669 11.9 4 53
2 Reggie Wayne IND 38 642 16.9 5 51
3 Steve Smith CAR 45 631 14.0 2 72
4 Anquan Boldin ARI 48 608 12.7 3 49
5 Laveranues Coles NYJ 46 606 13.2 3 58
6 Darrell Jackson SEA 36 587 16.3 6 72
7 Roy Williams DET 38 581 15.3 3 42
8 Marques Colston NO 33 577 17.5 6 86

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom