Marques Colston (1 Viewer)

Offensive rookie of the year. Did you see that sideline catch when he wrestled the ball away from Samari Rolle and kept his feet in bounds. He shields the ball beautifally and gets extra yards like he's a tight end because corners just can't take him down. A true gem. Not one person would be complaining if he was the 7th pick overall

that 4th and 10 he converted was big-time

Dare I say...

Colston is a beast! :9:

Nah, don't pass it off just yet... Horn and Colston, are our lesser Harrison and wayne, maybe just lesser for now.
Colston if keeps it up will break the rookie WR record.

Most Pass Receptions, Rookie, Season
101 Anquan Boldin, Arizona, 2003
90 Terry Glenn, New England, 1996
83 Earl Cooper, San Francisco, 1980

was thinking along the yards, but that one as well.

Far as I can tell 101 by Boldin is the rec. record, and Moss holds the td rookie record with 17 tds. Can't find yardage yet.

edit:thanks for the link stevehayman

Last edited:
It sucks because he pulls off these amazing plays where he seems to bounce of defenders and run past everybody for a touchdown when the game is pretty much out of reach. Maybe the defense isn't trying as hard, but I still think he is an amazing receiver and should continue making big plays... I just hope he starts making the plays in the first and second quarters so we don't play catch up so much.

I think Hollywood and the Marquis are receiving the fruits of having one hell of a passing qb in Brees. Brees is looking really great. I know the int were killers today but that happens, even to Peyton and Brady. It is what happens come next week that shows you what kind of qb he is. Go Saints.

Most Pass Receptions, Rookie, Season 101 Anquan Boldin
Most Yards Gained, Rookie, Season 1,473 Bill Groman
Most Touchdowns, Rookie, Season 17 Randy Moss

Currently Colston has 33 receptions for 577 yards and 6 touchdowns.

Edit: For those wondering and not wanting to do the math
He needs 69 catches for 897 yards and 12 touchdowns to break each of those records.

Last edited:
Offensive rookie of the year. Did you see that sideline catch when he wrestled the ball away from Samari Rolle and kept his feet in bounds.

That's what burns me about the Bush HB pass playcall, the defensive concentration lapses and the unbelievable pro-Ravens bounces during the pinball game in the first half.

Rolle on Colston was a mismatch made in heaven for the Saints, with Colston being just as fast and 55 pounds bigger. Oh well.

Most Pass Receptions, Rookie, Season 101 Anquan Boldin
Most Yards Gained, Rookie, Season 1,473 Bill Groman
Most Touchdowns, Rookie, Season 17 Randy Moss

Currently Colston has 33 receptions for 577 yards and 6 touchdowns.

Colston is at a pace of a little over 1,300 yards. He needs a few bigger games than his current average to get the yardage or TD record. The problem is that with the Saints offense, Colston's biggest games stat-wise come because the Saints are playing from behind. Something that won't get the Saints to the play-offs.

Reggie is at 42 receptions thru 7 games and averages 6 receptions per game. At the current pace, he would end the season at 96 receptions - 5 less than the rookie record. So maybe Reggie will break the reception record.

I be happy either way or neither way as long as they just keep winning.

We fans can discuss ROTY and records all we want. Here is where Colston's head is:

"Obviously the No. 1 thing is that we didn't come away with a win," Colston said. "That's all that matters."

Ya gotta love this guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom