Marques Colston (1 Viewer)

Marques doesn't get the respect he deserves.

I watched a recent video and he made the list of prominent WR's that Darrell Revis held under 20 yards. If he was good enough to be considered for that list he's good enough to be mentioned more often with the top guys of his era.

Last edited:
The thing that annoys me most is that if Colston had played in a silver helmet with a star he not only would’ve made multiple Pro Bowl (somewhere around 7-8) we would talking about him being a first ballot HoFer. But instead this is how fricking underrated Colston is - he is usually an “honorable mention” in “Underrated Players” articles and videos. He was a GREAT player who get dismissed as a product of the Payton/Brees system…….

#12 will always be one of my favorite Saints. To me he's the most underrated player we've had. Had he played for the Giants or Bears he would've made at least one Pro Bowl. Had he helped the Cowboys win a Super Bowl instead of the Saints he'd have an outside shot at the HoF.

A few things kept Colston from ever making a Pro Bowl or being a star. He played on a small market team and he never brought attention to himself. He wasn't worried about his brand or having a larger than life personality. He just showed up and did his job. He never complained about having to share the ball while receiving far fewer targets than the other top WRs. In an era of diva WRs he was The Quiet Storm.

In 2007 Colston had a Pro Bowl season but he got jobbed. That year the Pro Bowl WRs were T.O., Larry Fitzgerald, Torry Holt, and Donald Driver. T.O and Fitz I can understand. Both had monster years. But look at Holt and Driver's numbers compared to Colston's:

Holt - 93 rec, 1,189 yards, 7 TDs
Driver - 82 rec, 1,048 yards, 2 TDs
Colston - 98 rec, 1,202 yards, 11 TDs

He got jobbed again in 2012 when he had numbers similar or better than Victor Cruz, Julio, Vincent Jackson, and Fitz. They just had more star power.

we would talking about him being a first ballot HoFer.
Lets not get carried away. He might get in but there have only been 7 first ballot WR's in the history of the NFL (none of them cowboys). Its really hard to get in at all as a WR, much less first ballot. Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Jerry Rice and Steve Largent are the only ones in my lifetime to go first ballot.

The thing that annoys me most is that if Colston had played in a silver helmet with a star he not only would’ve made multiple Pro Bowl (somewhere around 7-8) we would talking about him being a first ballot HoFer. But instead this is how fricking underrated Colston is - he is usually an “honorable mention” in “Underrated Players” articles and videos. He was a GREAT player who get dismissed as a product of the Payton/Brees system…….

Yup….probably not a first ballot HOFer, but would have had much more consideration for sure….my favorite Saint of all time….

Very much parallels the Ricky Jackson LT comparisons…..had Ricky played for NY or Dallas or SF not only would he have been a first ballot HOFer there would have been one of the greatest defenders of all time talk as well….

The thing that annoys me most is that if Colston had played in a silver helmet with a star he not only would’ve made multiple Pro Bowl (somewhere around 7-8) we would talking about him being a first ballot HoFer.
But, he wouldn't have gotten to play in a SB or even the post season. I'm sure he is cool giving up the personal accolades for the ring.

Tell ya he coulda been tbe best. He got the yips... fumble fumblrooooski. My sons name is colston.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom