Marques Pronunciation (1 Viewer)

Has he ever clarified on how he WANTS his name to be pronounced? If he has, we should go with that.

I picked up a game program at the Falcons game, and inside on the roster page toward the bottom it provided a phoenetic spelling/pronunciation for Marques Colston and a couple of other players. The correct pronuciation should be "Mar-Kiss," with the emphasis on the first syllable.

Its Mar keys. i had a friend with that name in school in north luaderdale fl. he was from Haiti.

My name is Marcos, And just like with Marcus, And Marques everyone just says Mar kiss. and anyone that knows somone that has this name they know we hate to be called Mar kiss.

I know he's younger but I will call him Mr. Colston when I meet him..

i think the answer is that we really dont know yet...i think the general consensus is "Marcus"...coming in second place would be "pro-bo-lher".

Its Mar keys. i had a friend with that name in school in north luaderdale fl. he was from Haiti.

Could his being from Haiti have something to do with the different pronunciation?

(ie, in France, what we say as "DAY-vid" is actually "dah-VEEd" to them)

It's pronounced Marcus.

CHALMETTE SAINT!!!!!!!!!

You're killing me!
Do you know what it means to miss Chalmette dreams? Where that's where you left your heart?

Man! What I wouldn't give to have my old house back on EASY STREET in Arabi! Nothing there but empty lots !!!!!

My Heart is broken but the SAINTS are making things feel a little better!

!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!

BTW: I've pronounced it like the Marques that used to be oout bu the Chef Bridge out by the pass just after the Chef Bridge off to the North! THAT was MAR-kez! That's what I'm going with until he actually comes out and says it any other way, but hey! That's just me!

Faithfully and Submitted humbly,

Your Good Dr. Daddy!

im pretty sure its pronouced MAR-keece, with a long e in the ques, like quees.

but i pretty much just say colston, cause im lazy and its easier to pronounce.

It is pronounced like the name "MARCUS." Please, for all he's accomplished this season, the least we can do is pronounce his name right!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom