Marques Pronunciation (1 Viewer)

It is pronounced like the name "MARCUS." Please, for all he's accomplished this season, the least we can do is pronounce his name right!
:plus-un2:

I'm just thankful his name isn't something like "Touraj Houshmandzadeh". These threads eat up enough space as it is with out that kind of headache.

Only in Louisiana would people argue about how to pronounce the name 'Marques'.

And to quote the late Jim Croce:

"Now leroy more than trouble
You see he stand bout six foot four
All the downtown ladies call him treetop lover
All the mens just call him sir"

Sir, it's got a nice ring to it, try it sometimes.

Last edited:
mar quez should change his name to beaudreaux shanlee and go by fetch

One of themembers just need to call in on 870 sometime wen he's on. Everybody is so sure about how it's pronounced, I just want to hear him tell us.

looks like Mar Kez to me, but well,, like said would not say firmly unless it was heard pronounced by him.

I know hokie asked Ninkovich how his was pronounced earlier in the season.

seems it shouldn't be too hard to have happen..

He does Dodge commercials on WWL and he pronounces it Marcus - Markus. I hear this commercial five or six times a day. For those of you who have never heard it, believe me, he pronounces his name Marcus Colston.

Since it is HIS name and that is the way HE pronounces it, I think I will follow suit.

He does Dodge commercials on WWL and he pronounces it Marcus - Markus. I hear this commercial five or six times a day. For those of you who have never heard it, believe me, he pronounces his name Marcus Colston.

Since it is HIS name and that is the way HE pronounces it, I think I will follow suit.

IF this IS the case I would like one back-up supporter (should be EASY since it's on so much) and we're OUT!

Or, perhpaps a link to the dealership commercial Is it on-line too? ( I wish it was my Chalmation Nation Bud Ronnie Lamarque --pronounced "La-mark" BTW, putting some sheckles in the Man's pocket. Is it? I know Ronnie used to sell Fords by the boatloads!)

looks like Mar Kez to me, but well,, like said would not say firmly unless it was heard pronounced by him.

Considering that there's no Z in his name, how does it look like that?

I've broken this down before:

Marques = (Mar kus)
Marquez = (mar Kez or alt. mar Kwez)
Marquis(e) = (mar Keese)

Examples:

Marques Houston = (Mar kus)
Marquez Pope = (mar Kez)
Marquis Daniels, Marquise Hill = (mar Keese)

I have been saying it the same way I personally like it because it has flava:ezbill: HA HA!

Sorry if this has already been cleared up...

The way i've been pronouncing his name is "MAR-KEZ". To me this just came naturally.

I've heard a lot of people refer to him as "MAR-KISS" or "Marcus"....

So which is it?

Mar-Beast. Or Mar-Four-Spots-Away-From-Being-Mister-Irrelevant. I've heard it said both ways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom