Marquez Callaway: Were You Expecting More or Not Surprised by the Production? (1 Viewer)

I liked how Winston was using Calloway as a security blanket. Calloway is excellent at high pointing the ball and Jameis would just throw up a prayer sometimes. I'd bet he'd be closer to 15 TDs with Winston for a whole season
Or close to it.

He has shown flashes but he’s an UDFA, it’s not realistic to believe he could be our #1 WR going against other teams best CB’s with MT out and no other receiving threats.

Taking him from his limited splash plays last year as a complimentary receiver to taking on number #1 CB's with a kick returner as our #2 wasn't the plan for success. He needs a healthy MT, and yes another WR, then we can mix in Harris and Callaway to much greater results

At this point in his career development he is not a #1 or 2 receiver. At best his is a complimentary 3rd option. I am not disappointed as the guy was thrown into an almost impossible situation with all the injuries. He does IMO deserve another chance to develop next year when we, hopefully, have MT back and a high draft choice WR coming in!

Pretty much the same I expected. I’ve been pretty vocal about how I felt, regarding our WR unit during the off-season. Saw this coming a mile away.

I’m disappointed for sure. I expected him to have much more production. He’s caught quite a few TD’s, but he doesn’t have the targets/catches/yards and Deonte Harris has actually outpaced him in those categories which is telling.

Callaway got me excited during TC and the preseason… I expected more once the season started, but I also understand what’s happened. He’s a 2nd year UDFA that has been tasked with being a transitioning offense’s #1 WR!

I still believe in Callaway, and I believe he has a bright future. He could be a very good #2 WR as Saints as next season. He just needs consistency at QB, and a WR like CGM opposite of him.

I was expecting more but was disappointed.

Now I know how my wife feels.
"That's why the Joy of Sex album comes equipped with ... Big.. Jim.. Slade!"

hqdefault.jpg

About what I was expecting, just with less consistency than I'd hoped for. Anybody who thought he could replace even half of MT's production was fooling themselves. He's one of those players who could be that sneaky #3 WR that gets a lot of production when defenses have their attention turned elsewhere. Not a bad player to have, but not a player that can carry an offense.

I’m constantly amazed at how little our WRs can do game to game.

I’ve seen some really mediocre receivers in some really mediocre schemes do way more than our cobbled-together group.

I knew we’d take a step back without MT, but I wasn’t prepared for how little Sean can do to put them in positions to succeed - even minimally.

It shows how limited they truly are and it’s very frustrating to watch.

Callaway had some flashes last year with guys like Sanders in the mix. But without a true #1, he’s eaten alive by physical corners.

I hope we can get something going with Taysom at QB. It would, at least, give us something to watch. The offense of the past 4 weeks is as abysmal as any I can recall.

Some of the game analysis that is put up after games is always pointing out how terrible the WR's are running their routes. They just don't have the talent or physical ability to succeed in anything other than spot duty. The problem is the Saints WR situation is so bad those players are being forced into starting roles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom