Marquez Callaway (1 Viewer)

I've seen this guy play in person a few times, hes's a savage on those 50/50 balls. I think this is a good pickup for sure, I am also interested to see what Emmanuel Butler will do this year. Both of those guys could make the team, and have an impact.

Can he beat out the #5 guy and play special teams? Strong hands and he attacks the ball. Contested catches is a plus.

I play competitive fantasy football. If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't give two poops about the NFL draft. But while I put so much work into scouting for fantasy, I might as well tie it in with my thoughts about the Saints. Right now I'm working through the RB prospects. I typically do my RB assessments before WR, but this year I pushed WR in front because it was such an enormous need for the Saints.

I was in a league once that was a rookie keeper league, so you could keep him in whatever round you took him forever if you wanted. It was pretty wild but made it like a real team cause rookies were so important for your draft since they were the only ones you could keep. They could make or break you.

Highlights always make the player look good...that's why there called highlights.

I'm not saying Callaway won't be a player, I'm just saying every draft people think they can spot the "FA UDFA GEM" because of players like Pierre Thomas, and low round picks like Colston but in all honesty those are the only two UDFA players who turned out to perform as starting caliber players for this team.

You have a limited view of history.

As a UT fan, was hoping the kid would make the team, happy for him!

I'm sorry to be blunt, but this one of the dumbest opinions ever. If you were to go off that thought process, why didn't someone draft Joe Horn before round 5? Why didn't someone draft Shannon Sharpe before round 7? Why didn't someone draft Tom Brady before round 6?

Kurt Warner, John Randle, Dick Lane, Colston all went undrafted because they had no skill?

I'm sorry to make a dig or come off rude but I can keep going on and on to counter your argument, "if he had mad skills, somebody woulda drafted him"
Warren Moon? 5 consecutive Grey Cup championships, and is in Canton now. Went undrafted by the NFL.

Payton likes his skillset, he's a talent with the ball in his hand and that's intriguing to Coach Payton.

Every year after the draft I pay attention to the Saints signing UDFA's because they usually always seem to find one that stands out and to me Callaway was the one this year that stood out to me.

When I saw his highlights I said that he reminded me of another Saints wideout in the sense that he had some "dog" in him. He fights for the ball and high points the ball really well. It may be a bit lofty but the wideout he reminded me of was Michael Thomas.

Thomas has a bit of dog in him as well!!

I'm happy for the kid and I think he'll do well in Sean Payton's offense.

I keep hearing he did well in special teams. Does that mean returns, blocking or tackling. People might not like preseason games but it gives a chance to see players were not familiar with perform

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom