Saints Marquez Callway credits Alvin Kamara, Deonte Harris for helping him adjust to the NFL. (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like the Saints hit another homerun in UDFA, with Callaway. Been a big fan of his since SammyKnightMVP posted bout him. In his first full game he had impressive all purpose yardage. Think he will be a very efficient and important contributor even once M.T and Deonte returns.

Last edited:
He’s a natural returner. He isn’t shifty, but he hits the right hole every time. He shows how much it’s about vision, not just electric moves.

I didn't follow much of the offseason so he was a nice surprise when I first saw him in a game.

It was great he's gotten some looks both on special teams AND on offense.

I'm still waiting for him to be used as a red zone target. His college tape indicates this is a guy who isn't afraid to snag it on those 50/50 balls.

Only a sample size but I've been impressed thus far.

He’s a natural returner. He isn’t shifty, but he hits the right hole every time. He shows how much it’s about vision, not just electric moves.

I didn't follow much of the offseason so he was a nice surprise when I first saw him in a game.
Yup, feel like he anticipates the development of the play and doesn't hesitate. He's not trying to be cute at all.

Yup, feel like he anticipates the development of the play and doesn't hesitate. He's not trying to be cute at all.
If Callaway and Deonte keep on rising this teams offense will almost be unstoppable. This team is very deep in weapons. Don't think any offense in the NFL posses as much depth as the Saints.

N.O offense will be really fun to watch once all the pieces gel.

I liked him when the Saints signed him. I didn't know much about him when I watched one of his highlight videos from Tennessee but you could instantly see that he had a lot of dog in him.

Someone had to step up when MT#13 was injured and Callaway was one of the guys that did exactly that.

I like him even more now.

He looked relaxed and comfortable. If he was that nervous on the opening kickoff, it didn't show. He goes toward the goal line instead of dancing around. In fact, he reminds me of Deonte Harris, and that's a compliment

I think we want Deonte Harris to remain on punts. I feel like KOs makes you take more of a heavy pounding so going with a bigger, guy would be wiser.

Makes sense.

Meanwhile , u always wanna have depth at ANY position. After not havn a legitimate returner for years, to now potentially have two, is a good thing! N hopefully it’ll keep AK from havn to do it again anytime soon!

Payton talks his normal riddles using words like “flashes”, but you know inside he has to be giddy about getting a guy like that as UDFA. And clearly they have confidence in him or he would not have been getting those looks. Having fresh new talent like him to cheer for keeps you coming back for more.

1603048639480.png

His skillset is that of someone Payton would find ways to get involved. I think his overall grade was positive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom