NFL Marquis Lee Released (1 Viewer)

We sign one WR and now people are acting like our WR room is so loaded that we have no use for a player like Marqise Lee lol. Obviously health is an issue but that injury history should make his contract reasonable. And yes we have Sanders but Sanders is 33 years old. I'd love to have another WR just in case.

At this point I've wanted WRs for so long I'm not going to turn my nose up at any possibility. MT needs all the help he can get.

OK guys I guess its my fault for not explaining what I mean by WR2. So traditionally WR1/WR2 play on the outside with the WR3 playing the slot. So technically yes E. Sanders will be the WR2 but he is best used in the slot off the line where he can do damage against a SS or Slot corner, thats what I mean so I apologize. So I mean if we were to pick up Lee or draft B. Aiyuk aka Reggie Wayne aka Mr. Separation aka Mr. Social distancing our offense would look like WR1 MT13 WR2 B. Aiyuk (outside wrs) E. Sanders WR3 (slot) with Jared Cook at the TE spot with AK47 in the back to motion or not motion. On Defense your done, I don't care what defense is on the other side, you getting scored on, the atlanta heart attack game blow out, TB game blow out, both secondaries are trash. We are guaranteed a super bowl appearance at the worst. We lost the past 2 years for being outgunned on offense Rams wrs everywhere OUTGUNNED and Viking WRs everywhere OUTGUNNED, we left about 4-5 scoring plays on the field against the Vikings because our offense was undermanned and the saints could get E. Sanders at the trade deadline. The team that got him went to the super bowl. OUTGUNNED (SF lost E. Sander went for 170 against us) OUTGUNNED.

Last edited:
There was a time when I really liked Lee. I'd be OK with the ole "tire kick" at a veteran minimum, but nothing more. I wouldn't expect him to be anything more than experienced depth, if he made the team. If he's able to tap the unfound NFL potential many thought he had, that would be a bonus.

We sign one WR and now people are acting like our WR room is so loaded that we have no use for a player like Marqise Lee lol. Obviously health is an issue but that injury history should make his contract reasonable. And yes we have Sanders but Sanders is 33 years old. I'd love to have another WR just in case.

At this point I've wanted WRs for so long I'm not going to turn my nose up at any possibility. MT needs all the help he can get.

Right. As of now we don't have a proven WR3 and after TQ Smith we have zero proven NFL caliber WRs. Our depth chart is three deep, and the third guy is a giant question mark.

Right. As of now we don't have a proven WR3 and after TQ Smith we have zero proven NFL caliber WRs. Our depth chart is three deep, and the third guy is a giant question mark.

Exactly. Right now on paper we have two WRs who have shown they can produce in this league. Tre'Quan Smith might turn into a good player or he might be just another guy. One way or another for this season based on what I've seen from him so far, I'd much rather him be the 4th guy on the depth chart instead of the 3rd.

If the Saints come out in a 3 WR set with MT, Sanders, and Smith the offense will be good. But if they find another legit WR to go with MT and Sanders then we're talking about something truly special. We're talking about something that would be impossible to defend and we're probably talking about a Super Bowl. That's how close I think we are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom