Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Ups and downs but more downs than ups

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Roommates

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters
We’re in year 25. Sure it had its ups and downs, but it’s gotten better and better as we’ve gotten older. Don’t tell our boys but I’m looking forward to when it’s just she and I at home again.

Year 28 for me. Both my kids have been in college last 3 years. My daughter has been back this summer, and while I love her and miss her, I’m ready for her school to start again so it’s just my wife and I again. It’s a nice feeling honestly after 25 years of having kids in the house.

I voted A+ . . . it's not perfect, but it is more that option than the next. We made 20 years earlier this year. She still wants to hang around with me and that's something. Two amazingly good kids considering my influence in their lives.

We do not take life, or ourselves, too seriously. We can laugh at the crap life throws at us and then just deal with it. And we have respect for each other.

It's my wife's second marriage and my first, but I was married in my 40s. We are doing great!

When it's your first marriage, or if you're real young, you go into it with high expectations and it's a set-up for disappointment. There is no "and they lived happily ever after". No matter what, you have to work at it. You both have to be self-less. That's rare these days. That's why it's so tough for so many.

I drop-kick my wife from time to time.
She DDTs me once in a while.
I haven’t known my salary for the better part of 22 years.
Both kids are stable and the outlook on them being productive, law-abiding citizens is positive.
I am allowed to have a dog. He is my friend.
My wife still looks and smells good.
Ain’t no complaints.

Brother you get a dog that is called winning at life.

My brother is in what I hope is love. Don't really like his wife of close to 20 years. Spending an afternoon with them is a bit much for me. I still do it hell he is my brother. I have no idea of how he does it.

The other thing is no dog. It is like such a power play. My brother would come over let my dog out and play fetch with him all the time when he lived close.

We would see a woman walking a dog I would be checking her out and he was always focused on the dog.

He wants a dog so forking bad. She just does not want to compete with a pup.

It is sad.

Pretty good. My wife and I have been together for 17 years. We met at the start of college. I usually dated girls that I was head over heels for, but my wife was my first just real good friend that turned into more. We hardly have anything in common as far as fun and hobbies, but we've always had the same overarching life goals. She's really good at her stuff and I'm really good at mine. We're both terrible at the opposite, but with our powers combined we form Captain Planet..or something! Everytime the dust settles, we highfive and cherish our new layer of ironhide against life's insanity. We have 2 young boys now that challenge us in the most unforseen ways, but the many years of bonding have allowed us form a great foundation for them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom