Marshall Faulk still feels the Patriots cheated in SB36 (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Marshall Faulk: Patriots cheated the Rams out of a Super Bowl | ProFootballTalk

“I understand Bill is a great coach,” Faulk said. “But No. 13 [Kurt Warner] will tell you. Mike Martz will tell you. We had some plays in the red zone that we hadn’t ran. . . . And a couple of plays on third down that we walked through also . . . And they created a check for it. It’s just little things like that. It’s either the best coaching in the world when you come up with situations that you had never seen before. Or you’d seen it and knew what to do.”
Faulk seems to believe Belichick and the Patriots got off easy for Spygate.
“Am I bitter about how the league handled them taping people? If Bountygate was that bad and Sean got suspended for a whole year? If we want to talk about some unfair assessment of how we’re assessing things? Man. If you lost a game and your brother cheated you, you’ll remember that.”

Belichick draws $500,000 fine, but avoids suspension - NFL - ESPN

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick was fined the NFL maximum of $500,000 Thursday and the Patriots were ordered to pay $250,000 for spying on an opponent's defensive signals.

Commissioner Roger Goodell also ordered the team to give up its first-round draft choice next year if it reaches the playoffs this season, or its second- and third-round picks if it misses the postseason.

Goodell said he had considered suspending Belichick but didn't "largely because I believe that the discipline I am imposing of a maximum fine and forfeiture of a first-round draft choice, or multiple draft choices, is in fact more significant and long-lasting, and therefore more effective, than a suspension."

so saints were docked 2 picks, a head coach, a gm for 8 games, assistant head coach for 6 games. but for the pats just the draft pick loss was more effective...

Goodell imposed the biggest fine ever on a coach -- it represents 12 percent of Belichick's scheduled 2007 salary, which is believed to be $4.2 million -- and took away a first-round draft pick as a penalty for the first time in NFL history.

paytons was what, 6.5 mil?

Just adds to the long list of why I will never forgive the maggot in NY.

Goodell wasn't in when that Super Bowl happened. Sorry but you can't blame that one on him. Blame the commissioner before him, blame them all for sugar coating it and pampering New England to a dynasty. Take away that one bad call in the Raiders game, no way they win it then.

If you go back and watch that Super Bowl, Faulk has a point. He was held that entire game. Just go back and watch it. They got away with facemasking him and Warner both, and he was held every play, and there was no flags. Also spygate, I will forever believe they cheated on that Super Bowl. The Pats winning the Super Bowl the year of 9/11 was not a coincidence. They won 3 Super Bowls using spygate, and they haven't done anything since being caught. Is it a coincidence their defense used to be outstanding and now they are always in the bottom 5 of the league and get torn to pieces by teams? New England's defense under Belichek has been an absolute joke ever since the aftermath of Spygate when they lost that Super Bowl in 2007.

Goodell destroyed the evidence because most of you have no idea just how far Robert Kraft's influence goes in this league. You can obsess over the Maras all you want, but Kraft by far has some of the biggest influence on the league than any other owner. Do your research and look at what all he owns. I think that's who got them out of spygate. Kraft made sure it didn't get big, all hush hush, paid behind the curtain and they didn't take it to extremes to not anger one of the biggest men in the room. At the end of the day Goodell is not even the real owner of the league, he's just a sock puppet. Guys like Kraft are the ones that control everything, and that's why no one wants Goodell gone. He gets them money with his stupid ideas like extending Thursday night football all year long.

Goodell wasn't in when that Super Bowl happened. Sorry but you can't blame that one on him. Blame the commissioner before him, blame them all for sugar coating it and pampering New England to a dynasty. Take away that one bad call in the Raiders game, no way they win it then.

If you go back and watch that Super Bowl, Faulk has a point. He was held that entire game. Just go back and watch it. They got away with facemasking him and Warner both, and he was held every play, and there was no flags. Also spygate, I will forever believe they cheated on that Super Bowl. The Pats winning the Super Bowl the year of 9/11 was not a coincidence. They won 3 Super Bowls using spygate, and they haven't done anything since being caught. Is it a coincidence their defense used to be outstanding and now they are always in the bottom 5 of the league and get torn to pieces by teams? New England's defense under Belichek has been an absolute joke ever since the aftermath of Spygate when they lost that Super Bowl in 2007.

Goodell destroyed the evidence because most of you have no idea just how far Robert Kraft's influence goes in this league. You can obsess over the Maras all you want, but Kraft by far has some of the biggest influence on the league than any other owner. Do your research and look at what all he owns. I think that's who got them out of spygate. Kraft made sure it didn't get big, all hush hush, paid behind the curtain and they didn't take it to extremes to not anger one of the biggest men in the room. At the end of the day Goodell is not even the real owner of the league, he's just a sock puppet. Guys like Kraft are the ones that control everything, and that's why no one wants Goodell gone. He gets them money with his stupid ideas like extending Thursday night football all year long.
I green thumbed you for your message, but although Goodell wasn't commish under Spygate, he was the one that dealt with it and the punishments when it was brought to light years later.

I green thumbed you for your message, but although Goodell wasn't commish under Spygate, he was the one that dealt with it and the punishments when it was brought to light years later.

Yeah that's true, which I think Kraft had a lot of influence on that. When you look at what all he controls, between him, Mara, and Rooney, i don't think any other owners are more powerful.

I hated that Rams team back in the day but I truly believe they got screwed in that Super Bowl. Something wasn't right, the tuck rule against the Raiders, and that game something was really wrong. It's sad thinking how many of them would be Hall of Famers today if they won that 2nd Super Bowl. That Rams team was loaded....and I'll still say they were much, much better than that Patriots team that year.

New England has never truly dominated a Super Bowl even in those days. The one against the Eagles could have been a blow out, but they won them all by 3 points....they never went in and punched anyone in the mouth and then just stomped on them from there on out like Dallas or San Francisco would do in their glory years.

I've been saying this since 9/11! Kraft and Goodell are BFFs and Goodell has already admitted it.

"The next day, Bono was in an NFL conference room with Collins, Steeg, then-commissioner Paul Tagliabue, chief operating officer Roger Goodell and Patriots owner Robert Kraft"

that folks is from the article that doctorj posted from yahoo. How U2's masterful New Orleans performances for NFL almost never happened - Yahoo! Sports

Why is the entire NFL brass in a room discussing SB halftime with the owner of the Patriots in attendance?!?!?!?

that was 2002. So it just helps connect the dots. No one, at this point, will convince me otherwise that Spygate was handled in the manner it was due soley to the relationship of Kraft to the NFL.

And New England's defenses have stunk ever since, even though Belichek is supposed to be some "defensive genius"

The kicker about NE losing the first round pick is that they had two. So really, it wasn't much of a penalty in that respect.

I really like Marshal Faulk, he said the truth that others are coward to say it.

New Orleans Saints punishments were unfair.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom