Martellius Bennett 6-7 260 Tight End Entering the Draft (1 Viewer)

emstokes

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
He is a gifted pass receiving tight end but blocking skills isn't that well but he can definitely be taught to block. He would be a nice pick up but I fear he will be taken in the late first round or early second.

Drafting TEs who can't block is utterly counterproductive. With the kind of offense this team runs, it is paramount that they find TEs who can block for our RBs on the edges.

He's a great player but I think we need to address our defense.Unless we can gain big time in free agency ,I think we should focus our draft on our defense .Remember last year with our picks Meecham and Pittman.

I think picking up LJ Smith would be nice to go alone with bringing back Billy Miller. Defense will be focused on heavily in Free Agency and the draft. Don't forgot we still need to upgrade our receiving corps.

we already had a player like him that payton sent packing because his blocking was less than stellar. His name was Zack Hilton.

I would vomit if the Saints drafted a one dimensional TE. If he hasn't shown he can block well in college what makes you think he will do it in the bigger, faster NFL?

If he can work on his blocking skills he'd be a great addition.
Another big huge possession target for Brees would create nightmares for opposing defenses..

As an Aggie, I will comment that Bennett is an animal.

He's 6'7" - played on the basketball team at A&M. VERY athletic - think a faster Antonio Gates mold.

He blocks pretty well, remember A&M is primarily a running school these days and he excelled at run blocking as well route running - I believe he was the leading receiver on the team this year. I'll also point out his primary duty playing basketball was rebounding...lots of boxing out and such.

I would LOVE to see him in a Saints uniform, the guy has great charisma, was always a fan favorite and leader, and is likely to get a first-round grade for the draft.

we already had a player like him that payton sent packing because his blocking was less than stellar. His name was Zack Hilton.

I would vomit if the Saints drafted a one dimensional TE. If he hasn't shown he can block well in college what makes you think he will do it in the bigger, faster NFL?

The only similarity b/w Hilton and Bennett is height.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom