Martez Wilson ready for breakout season in Saints new 3-4 scheme (1 Viewer)

He would be solid by now if left at 1 position. I know he is on his 3rd DC now but his role should not have changed as much as it has. GW used him in packages like a Joker LBer(blitzing off the edge, up the middle etc), Spags used him primarily as a DE, and now he will be primarily a 3-4 OLBer. Gotta admit thats tough on the kid, even if put at an ILB/MLB he would be comfortable by now. Just put him somewhere keep him there and let him learn whether its OLB or ILB.

he is a freak of nature some gys are athletes and other are football players and he is a footbal player

I had him pegged as a MIKE for this defense but I'm sure that he'll be great at SAM. Perhaps the run at Kruger was based on the possibility that Wilson would play MIKE and a SAM was needed (Kruger) but Vilma took a play cut so the position was filled and now Wilson is penciled in at SAM.

haha ive had a bromance on tez since we drafted him, the 3-4 SOLB position was made for him, u need someone big enough to take on blocks, fast enough to get to the QB and athletic enough to cover tight ends, this basically is the definition of Tez.

If he is the ultimate LB why has he rode the pine? He obviously has holes if a guy like Shanle is playing in front of him. Hopefully he will realize his potential. We could sure use an OLB that can get to the QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom