Martez Wilson the next Pat Swilling (1 Viewer)

I think comparing him to Swilling is exagerating. But you could make the argument that Payton decided to switch to the 3-4 because of Galette and Wilson showing potential.

I think you are right. I totally agree with this!

Right now I'd just be happy if Wilson becomes a reliable starter.

Martez will have a breakout season...PRO BOWL this year!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qQ6IfvWdic0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B4mVkRoxOt4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How about let's start with a starting-caliber NFL linebacker, and go from there?

Those special teams plays were pretty good too.
He has got the wheels, you have to give him that.

I like Tez alot, i think he'll be huge this year as well. That said i'm not ready to say he's going to be the next Swilling... yet.

I think comparing him to Swilling is exagerating. But you could make the argument that Payton decided to switch to the 3-4 because of Galette and Wilson showing potential.

The outstanding play of Hicks certainly helped cement this thinking.
Wilson and Galette we're not being used to their full potential that's for sure.

The outstanding play of Hicks certainly helped cement this thinking.
Wilson and Galette we're not being used to their full potential that's for sure.

I agree, throw in Jordan's versatility and there are also reasons to believe that the D-line talent was there.

When he lines up in a 2 point stance it reminds me of Swilling, right now that's about it. He made a great play chasing down Cam in 2011 and if he continues to make plays like that then he's on his way to being compared to Swilling

I've noticed that its always blasphemy to compare a new, young player to a legendary player of old.

Legendary players of the past can never be rivaled. No one will ever measure up to them. Just like how everyone says no one can ever be as good as jim brown. Just playing decades ago automatically makes you above life.

Just like how everyone outside of the Saints fanbase says Marino is better than Brees because he happened to play in an earlier period. I think its silly that the rule of someone playing before another automatically makes them better.

Wilson's athleticism will win him that OLB job....he may start the year platooning with Butler but I think this guy will have the coaches feeling like they have to get him on the field.

My favorite Saints:

1. Drew
2. Colston
3. Swilling
4. Deuce
5. AB

If AB = A. Brooks than there is a problem with your list. You forgot A. Manning, R. Jackson, W. Roaf, J. Horn, S. Mills, S. Knight , and about 25 other guys that should be mentioned ahead of him. I am not an AB hater (he is probably the 3rd best QB for the saints...yes above Hebert) but to have him that high on your list...WOW!

If AB = A. Brooks than there is a problem with your list. You forgot A. Manning, R. Jackson, W. Roaf, J. Horn, S. Mills, S. Knight , and about 25 other guys that should be mentioned ahead of him. I am not an AB hater (he is probably the 3rd best QB for the saints...yes above Hebert) but to have him that high on your list...WOW!

Gotta question putting AB over Hebert.....

And no mention of Heyward? Old Iron Head was one of my favorites growing up.

its his top 5.... he can put who ever he wants

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom