Martez Wilson the next Pat Swilling (1 Viewer)

Swilling was good but alot of that is because Rickey was on the other side. Who on the other side is going to make Martez the next Swilling.

24106158.jpg

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UM3luZynizE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really look forward to him playing a lot this year. I never understood why he hasn't gotten more PT so far. It's not like our Lb corps the past couple of years has been anything superb. He's got the athleticism to be a beast. I guess time will tell.

Martez reminds me of Charles Haley, with the stiff neck and hips. Not quite as powerful, but quicker. If he could play with Haley's anger, he would be a beast.

I just hope he can come in and contribute....has has the athletic ability with his size and speed to be a beast...the next Pat Swilling and a Pro Bowl may be a reach...we aren't even sure if he is a starter or what packages he will be used in....he obviously seems like a much better fit in 3-4 though so hopefully he will make an impact.

While Im doubtful we'll never have a LB'ing core as great as the Dome Patrol, something tells me this yr our Defense will be tough. Under Rank 15. Im going to guess around 12. We have great potential on that side of the ball this yr.

Sorry, I just don't share your vision here. I just hope the defense can finish somewhere around 18 to 22 range. That would be enough to get us to the Superbowl with our great offense. I just think the learning curve will not allow the new scheme to net us a pre-teen ranking. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see it.

Swilling was good but alot of that is because Rickey was on the other side. Who on the other side is going to make Martez the next Swilling.

Good call. I talked to Pat Swilling about six weeks ago. I asked him if he missed the glory days of the "Dome Patrol" and of so, what he missed the most? He said yes. He missed his teammates and without Rickey Jackson on the other side, Sam Mills, and "Meat" (Vaughan Johnson) in the middle, he could have never have had as big of an impact on that team. His biggest regret was that they never won the Superbowl with that great defense.

Good call. I talked to Pat Swilling about six weeks ago. I asked him if he missed the glory days of the "Dome Patrol" and of so, what he missed the most? He said yes. He missed his teammates and without Rickey Jackson on the other side, Sam Mills, and "Meat" (Vaughan Johnson) in the middle, he could have never have had as big of an impact on that team. His biggest regret was that they never won the Superbowl with that great defense.

I actually think Johnson's nickname was "Meathead".

OK so back to tez. I will not deny he has some of the tools of in Swilling's toolkit. He's quick to shoot a gap and tear into a quarterback. That's good. But does he have the toughness of Swilling?

Swilling played all but 4-5 games in his 12 year career, The man would play you with one arm chopped off! Tez has to show saints fans he's tough. As our old dreadlock buddy Chris taught us - being a beast means nothing when you have a glass jaw.

Sorry, I just don't share your vision here. I just hope the defense can finish somewhere around 18 to 22 range. That would be enough to get us to the Superbowl with our great offense. I just think the learning curve will not allow the new scheme to net us a pre-teen ranking. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see it.

Well maybe I'm putting us a little too high at 12. Well def be in top 20 closer to 15. Don't worry about how we did in the past on defense. This is a newer scheme with addition of new players. I'm not expecting offense to be no. 1 this yr. probably no. 3-5 in rank.

I'd be happy if he turned into a Fujita with his height 6'5 size 250lbs, and even better speed.

I think comparing him to Swilling is exagerating. But you could make the argument that Payton decided to switch to the 3-4 because of Galette and Wilson showing potential.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom