Marvel: Black Widow (May 2020) - Mod Edit - Now July, 9, 2021 (2 Viewers)

Just finished watching. I enjoyed the heck out of it.

And Yelena calling Alexi Crimson Dynamo instead of Red Guardian was great.

The older version Red Guardian was pretty fun. He wouldn't shut up about Captain America, haha.
I missed that about Crimson Dynamo! And I'm sad I didn't think of that burn myself. I loved her. Loved the "poser" joke and the vest with all the pockets. Who doesn't need one of those?

Just got back. Loved it!

My only gripe is not seeing her evade General Ross at the end. Sure, we knew she wasn't going to be captured, but it would have been nice to see how she got away. It made for a weird transition to the the scene where he delivered the SHIELD plane to her.

Regarding the end credits of Black Widow and Falcon: Is Elaine creating a group of Dark Avengers or something
Valentina is trying to manipulate a set of heroes that can be used for evil designs, yes, but the end result is she's going to have assembled a sort of combination of the Thunderbolts and the Young Avengers. We already have most of them in the MCU already, some you might not have noticed because they've been introduced as kids without fanfare, others have been (or are about to be) more obvious:
General Ross (Thunderbolts) hasn't become the Red Hulk, but that isn't necessary for him to run the group (BUT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR HIM TO BECOME RED HULK SINCE HE REAPPEARED IN CIVIL WAR - GET ON WITH IT, FEIGE!!!),
Baron Zemo (Thunderbolts) - speaking of Civil War, and his reemergence in FATWS,
Cassie Lang (Young Avengers) has been in both Ant Man films, but only as Scott's daughter, no hint of becoming Stature, but surely that's coming,
Ghost (Thunderbolts) was introduced in Ant Man and the Wasp, turning good at the end,
Wiccan and Speed (Young Avengers) have come to us courtesy of WandaVision,
US Agent (Thunderbolts) from Falcon and the Winter Soldier,
Eli Bradley (Young Avengers) appeared in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but just as a teenager, not as The Patriot, who he becomes,
Kid Loki (Young Avengers) just showed up in the Loki series,
we have a new version of Vision (Young Avengers) so he'll probably be set into this group,
Yelena Romanov (Thunderbolts) was just given to us in Black Widow,
Taskmaster (Thunderbolts) also just given to us in BW,
Kate Bishop (Young Avengers) is about to show up in the Hawkeye series upcoming on Disney
Miss America (Young Avengers) and Iron Lad (Young Avengers) haven't been in the MCU yet, but there are multiple reports that both characters have been cast already, so they will be showing up shortly. Heck, while unlikely, Iron Lad might even appear next week in Loki for all I know. It depends how much of Kang will be revealed this soon.

So between the two groups, 12 of the characters have already appeared, one is appearing shortly, and actors have been contracted for two more of them.
Valentina has only recruited two so far, but she'll be moving swiftly over the next series/films. Perhaps the "Young Thunderbolt Avengers" will be assembled throughout Phase 4 and will be the main characters of Phase 5?

Last edited:
Blondes don't do it for me, it's like asking me which number is higher, a million dollars or a quarter million. Obviously a million is higher. She's obviously much more attractive with red hair. I worked with a woman at Gordon's that I found more attractive than her.

Blondes don't do it for me, it's like asking me which number is higher, a million dollars or a quarter million. Obviously a million is higher. She's obviously much more attractive with red hair. I worked with a woman at Gordon's that I found more attractive than her.
She could be wearing the cut-off end of a used mop as a wig and would still round-up from a 9.6 to a 10.

Well, I didn't gasp. Actually I gasped at how many people exited as soon as the credits started to roll. And then the rest of us congratulated ourselves on how smart we were to stick around!
My oldest called all those that left the theater as credits began to roll "rookies" lol

We enjoyed it and I really like Yelena

Just got back. Loved it!

My only gripe is not seeing her evade General Ross at the end. Sure, we knew she wasn't going to be captured, but it would have been nice to see how she got away. It made for a weird transition to the the scene where he delivered the SHIELD plane to her.

Valentina is trying to manipulate a set of heroes that can be used for evil designs, yes, but the end result is she's going to have assembled a sort of combination of the Thunderbolts and the Young Avengers. We already have most of them in the MCU already, some you might not have noticed because they've been introduced as kids without fanfare, others have been (or are about to be) more obvious:
General Ross (Thunderbolts) hasn't become the Red Hulk, but that isn't necessary for him to run the group (BUT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR HIM TO BECOME RED HULK SINCE HE REAPPEARED IN CIVIL WAR - GET ON WITH IT, FEIGE!!!),
Baron Zemo (Thunderbolts) - speaking of Civil War, and his reemergence in FATWS,
Cassie Lang (Young Avengers) has been in both Ant Man films, but only as Scott's daughter, no hint of becoming Stature, but surely that's coming,
Ghost (Thunderbolts) was introduced in Ant Man and the Wasp, turning good at the end,
Wiccan and Speed (Young Avengers) have come to us courtesy of WandaVision,
US Agent (Thunderbolts) from Falcon and the Winter Soldier,
Eli Bradley (Young Avengers) appeared in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but just as a teenager, not as The Patriot, who he becomes,
Kid Loki (Young Avengers) just showed up in the Loki series,
we have a new version of Vision (Young Avengers) so he'll probably be set into this group,
Yelena Romanov (Thunderbolts) was just given to us in Black Widow,
Taskmaster (Thunderbolts) also just given to us in BW,
Kate Bishop (Young Avengers) is about to show up in the Hawkeye series upcoming on Disney
Miss America (Young Avengers) and Iron Lad (Young Avengers) haven't been in the MCU yet, but there are multiple reports that both characters have been cast already, so they will be showing up shortly. Heck, while unlikely, Iron Lad might even appear next week in Loki for all I know. It depends how much of Kang will be revealed this soon.

So between the two groups, 12 of the characters have already appeared, one is appearing shortly, and actors have been contracted for two more of them.
Valentina has only recruited two so far, but she'll be moving swiftly over the next series/films. Perhaps the "Young Thunderbolt Avengers" will be assembled throughout Phase 4 and will be the main characters of Phase 5?
Ross becoming Rulk was set up in Black Widow. At the beginning of the movie she was talking about how ill he looked, and about his heart problems.

Ross becoming Rulk was set up in Black Widow. At the beginning of the movie she was talking about how ill he looked, and about his heart problems.
I think it would make less sense now. Originally they considered it for Civil War and Endgame, but it would just have added too much. Now with professor Hulk, it would be weird.

also... William Hurt, while interested in the idea, is 71 years old. Not sure they can count on him too long term.

I think it would make less sense now. Originally they considered it for Civil War and Endgame, but it would just have added too much. Now with professor Hulk, it would be weird.

also... William Hurt, while interested in the idea, is 71 years old. Not sure they can count on him too long term.
I think that role is less demanding, in a way. He’s more or less just providing the model for a CGI of himself. At a certain point, he could bow out without really affecting the role in the way a more traditional role would.

I think with them bringing Abomination back and She-Hulk coming it could work. It would actually be a good way for Hurt to exit the MCU since anyone could play the role.

She's a 10 as a redhead and at best a 7 as a blonde.

Unpopular opinion: I would agree she was as close to a 10 as a human being could be from about 2003 to 2014. In 2003, she began portraying adult roles starting in the "Lost in Translation" film. She's still a very pretty woman but her peak has come to pass.

I think that role is less demanding, in a way. He’s more or less just providing the model for a CGI of himself. At a certain point, he could bow out without really affecting the role in the way a more traditional role would.
He looked to be mostly cgi in Black Widow. They can go that route, or they can write the story so that he's stuck in Rulk form and they won't even need to imitate the voice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom