Marvel: Black Widow (May 2020) - Mod Edit - Now July, 9, 2021 (1 Viewer)

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Please let there be a Cosmo cameo.

f9dc001c705ebb5c33ebb64c2be7158e.jpg

Bronson

used to be 6 foot 4
Reaction score
Speaking of drunk Thor being unrealistic, in Thor Ragnarok, the Valkerie was pretty much drinking constantly, yet she still was looking pretty hot. So, considering that, a drunk, fat, incorrigible Thor just doesn't fit.
Earth's gravity

and there is no nobler feat than to take on noobmaster69

Jeff Miller

Shaw 1988, NYIT 2009
Reaction score
They reduced the most noble Avenger, a 1500 year old King of Asgard to a fat dickhead who yells at children over a video game.
It's insulting.

I agree. pretty much killed the character for me. Not to mention the fact that switching to "smart hulk" destroyed any expectations of a hulk/Thanos rematch. You'd think Ria Johnson was the Endgame director or something.

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
Don't be so certain Black Widow is gone for good. Rumours are she will somehow be brought back from the dead through some bizarre circumstance. Comic readers are used to such conventions, of course, but we'll see how movie goers react to such a thing, if the rumours are true.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to this film. I'm excited to see Red Guardian on the screen, one of the old, albeit somehwat obscure, characters from the 60s/70s.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Oddly i have almost no interest in this movie. I like the character, and the actress, but in the post Endgame era were Black Widow is dead this movie just seems kinda pointless. I would have been excited for it 2 or 3 years ago, but really, none of the movies in phase 4 seem to have any purpose to build towards anything. I guess after Endgame, the MCU just need to breath with some standalone stories, but none of them have me really motivated to see them at all. Maybe Doctor Strange 2, that's about it, the rest of the phase 4 line up is utterly forgettable.

It could work. Rogue One was a movie like that and I really liked it.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yep, this is why I'm looking forward to BW. I rarely go to the theater, but this is one I'd like to see on the big screen.

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
Agreed. And that was going in pretty much knowing that the main characters weren't going to survive, since the lines in the original Star Wars told us so. It was still a really good movie that had me the whole time.

OP
MLU

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
It was arguably the second best SW movie ever made, too. I'm not saying that Black Widow will be the second best Marvel film as much as I'm pointing out that Jeff Miller doesn't know what he's talking about.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Taskmaster! Very cool! He's a great villain, and perfect for the physical fighting associated with the Black Widow character as presented in the films. This will be fun

Agreed. My wife and I are gonna make a movie date for this one. I've been a fan of Black Widow and I'm pretty stoked about a BW movie. Looking forward to May!

HoustonSaint68

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As they scale down from the galactic, characters like BW help the transition
Thank God!! As a rabid comic book reader as a boy (omg, THAT Black Widow was oh so fine to this 11 year old!) and a casual fan of the movies, I’m SO tired of the world\universe saving storylines. Definitely ready for some smaller, grittier storylines.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thank God!! As a rabid comic book reader as a boy (omg, THAT Black Widow was oh so fine to this 11 year old!) and a casual fan of the movies, I’m SO tired of the world\universe saving storylines. Definitely ready for some smaller, grittier storylines.
I’m hedging my bets now
If BW does really well at box office, we might get a steady diet of earthbound movies to go along with the Ms Marvels and GotG movies - if not, then all the grittier stuff will probably go to Disney+

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New release date, and a concurrent home release

So...even though I already have Disney+ I gotta pay more? Meh.

That said, I'm a sucker for ScarJo, so...I'll end up forking the money over when the time comes.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom