Marvel: Black Widow (May 2020) - Mod Edit - Now July, 9, 2021 (1 Viewer)

peglegpeet13

23-3 What a Night!!!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve watched every Marvel movie in the theater opening weekend with my dad. I asked him what we were doing for Black Widow and he said we’ll be watching it at home.

I’m fine with it. As much as I enjoy being in a theater it wouldn’t feel right watching it without him.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I actually just changed this week to wearing a bandana. It's much easier on my face and doesn't mess up my beard. I feel like a can breathe easier and it doesn't bother my ears. So far so good.

An added plus, my wife refuses to go out with me in public.
There’s a reason you can breathe easier

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the mask mandate is gone and I've been vaccinated, I might consider going. I won't go if the theaters are completely full.

I'm most likely going to watch this one from the comfort of my living room though.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
If the mask mandate is gone and I've been vaccinated, I might consider going. I won't go if the theaters are completely full.

I'm most likely going to watch this one from the comfort of my living room though.

Oh I'm buying that shirt as soon as I can! I love my 4K Dolby Vision tv. I love movie theaters as well but I love an excuse to use my expensive baby.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh I'm buying that shirt as soon as I can! I love my 4K Dolby Vision tv. I love movie theaters as well but I love an excuse to use my expensive baby.

I'm about to in "oh fork it" mode and get one myself. :hihi: My TV is 10 years old. It's a nice LCD Sony 1080p. But those 4k TVs look awesome.

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I have only been to a theater once in the last 10 years and the one time is because a group from work talked me into going to see Gotg II with them on a Saturday matinee soo the ticket was I thin $6. However, I spent twice that for a drink and bag of popcorn, Had to put up with other peoples phones ringing, babies crying, a loud mouth giving away what's coming up, and not being able to pause the movie to use the bathroom. I doubt I will ever go back to a theater. I'll wait until it hits video on demand or if a service I subscribe without paying extra puts it out even if I have to wait a month or so. I did it for both Infinity War and End Game I can do it for Black Widow.

Last edited:

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody else thinking this is a dangerous game we're playing with the streaming services? I have to pay the monthly fee and THEN I have to pay extra to watch this one? What's to stop them from doing this with every release? Not sure that I like this model.

APSaintsFan

All-Pro
Reaction score
We have Disney Plus but i am a lowly Government Employee and my wife is disabled. We are not paying premium for these movies. If it is on there as is, then we get to see it.

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody else thinking this is a dangerous game we're playing with the streaming services? I have to pay the monthly fee and THEN I have to pay extra to watch this one? What's to stop them from doing this with every release? Not sure that I like this model.

Then pay the monthly fee and go see the movie in theater.
Or don't pay the monthly fee and go see the movie in the theater.
Or don't do either.

You aren't losing the option to do what you were doing before, an option is being added for those who want to take advantage.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Then pay the monthly fee and go see the movie in theater.
Or don't pay the monthly fee and go see the movie in the theater.
Or don't do either.

You aren't losing the option to do what you were doing before, an option is being added for those who want to take advantage.

Yeah, I agree. For new releases, I can understand paying to view a release while it's in theaters. I think it will eventually go away though because if theaters want to stay in business they would need some sore of exclusive rights to new releases for a minimum period of time. The current plans and agreements seem temporary because of Covid.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Movie theaters generate a lot more $$$$$.

Secondly, it's only extra money to see it on release. If you wait for the usual bluray release, it's free with the subscription.

i.e. you could pay extra to watch Mulan when it came out, or wait 2-3 months for it to be part of the normal Disney+ subscription.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just remember, back in the day, if you wanted to watch a movie you had to go to the theater. Then later you could catch it run on TV, usually edited down.

Then, later, you could rent a VCR cassette movie. There wasn't a strong retail market for movies until a few years later like in the 1990's, and that was mostly kid movies and certain blockbusters. Then it really took off with DVD's in the later 1990's early 2000's.

The amount of content we have access to now is staggering, if you think about it.

Bronson

used to be 6 foot 4
Reaction score
I have a good feeling we are going to see Taskmaster set up another character or two. Like if I see him bust out wolverine claws in the middle of a fight, I will lose my sheet.

(May 2020 in the thread title 🤦‍♂️)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom