Marvel: Black Widow (May 2020) - Mod Edit - Now July, 9, 2021 (3 Viewers)

Then pay the monthly fee and go see the movie in theater.
Or don't pay the monthly fee and go see the movie in the theater.
Or don't do either.

You aren't losing the option to do what you were doing before, an option is being added for those who want to take advantage.

Yeah, I agree. For new releases, I can understand paying to view a release while it's in theaters. I think it will eventually go away though because if theaters want to stay in business they would need some sore of exclusive rights to new releases for a minimum period of time. The current plans and agreements seem temporary because of Covid.

Anybody else thinking this is a dangerous game we're playing with the streaming services? I have to pay the monthly fee and THEN I have to pay extra to watch this one? What's to stop them from doing this with every release? Not sure that I like this model.
Movie theaters generate a lot more $$$$$.

Secondly, it's only extra money to see it on release. If you wait for the usual bluray release, it's free with the subscription.

i.e. you could pay extra to watch Mulan when it came out, or wait 2-3 months for it to be part of the normal Disney+ subscription.

Just remember, back in the day, if you wanted to watch a movie you had to go to the theater. Then later you could catch it run on TV, usually edited down.

Then, later, you could rent a VCR cassette movie. There wasn't a strong retail market for movies until a few years later like in the 1990's, and that was mostly kid movies and certain blockbusters. Then it really took off with DVD's in the later 1990's early 2000's.

The amount of content we have access to now is staggering, if you think about it.

I have a good feeling we are going to see Taskmaster set up another character or two. Like if I see him bust out wolverine claws in the middle of a fight, I will lose my sheet.

(May 2020 in the thread title 🤦‍♂️)

I hope they don't make Taskmaster a robot or a yes man.
That would piss me off. If they somehow make him like the recent comic mini-series, I would be overjoyed.

Havent seen it yet but saw this article and I had to laugh

Does Stephen Dorff really have grounds to be "embarrassed" for Scarlett Johansson?

If I had done that show Deputy I would be embarrassed to be critical of any other actor. Bex Taylor-Kraus was the only redeeming part of that show

Havent seen it yet but saw this article and I had to laugh

Does Stephen Dorff really have grounds to be "embarrassed" for Scarlett Johansson?

If I had done that show Deputy I would be embarrassed to be critical of any other actor. Bex Taylor-Kraus was the only redeeming part of that show
I didn't even read that article because it just made me laugh.

Look at Stephen Dorff's filmography, then realize this man is commenting on anyone else's career as if he is some authority on success.
Exactly

He literally says "I don't want to be in those movies. I really don't. I'll find that kid director that's gonna be the next Kubrick and I'll act for him instead."

Kinda hypocritical coming from someone who was in Blade. Sounds more like he wanted in and didn't get an invite to the party. And maybe I am wrong, but I never saw Kubrick or Scorsese beating down his door to get him to be in their movies

Exactly

He literally says "I don't want to be in those movies. I really don't. I'll find that kid director that's gonna be the next Kubrick and I'll act for him instead."

Kinda hypocritical coming from someone who was in Blade. Sounds more like he wanted in and didn't get an invite to the party

Whatever he's doing, he has clearly failed at finding "the next Kubrick." Maybe the next Roger Corman.

99.9% of Hollywood wannabes and actual actors would kill for ScarJo's resume. Dorff's name suits him.
Hell he isn't even the most talented Dorf in Hollywood history

tumblr_mzvso0s1hM1tooympo1_400.gifv

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom