Marvel Phase 4 (4 Viewers)

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
That was the director's agony. They said in an interview, they really didn't want to kill off such a great character, but the story needed it or Killmonger's entrance to Wakanda wouldn't really work.

I guess they could have "faked" the death, to make W'Kabi still think he was able to get his revenge. But, I think actually 'keeping that promise' was stronger.
I don't know how likely it would've been for them to have access to the face changing tech(Falcon and Winter Soldier) and he was missing a hand but he could've tricked a guy into acting like Klaw and then kill him off. Otherwise I do agree with Killmonger really needing to kill him in his entrance to Wakanda. I hate killing off cool and good characters. Wait, didn't he just show up with his corpse? I'm sure there was a way to fake his death and keep a great villain around.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
I don't know how likely it would've been for them to have access to the face changing tech(Falcon and Winter Soldier) and he was missing a hand but he could've tricked a guy into acting like Klaw and then kill him off. Otherwise I do agree with Killmonger really needing to kill him in his entrance to Wakanda. I hate killing off cool and good characters. Wait, didn't he just show up with his corpse? I'm sure there was a way to fake his death and keep a great villain around.
Man, you're really trying aren't you? I love it. :hihi:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
he wasn't THE villain - just a macguffin really - and Villain taking out villain seldom gets to a meta level
Yeah, I realize that. But like Scorpius said, we really liked the character, so it would have been great to keep him around somehow. He was a fun, interesting and somehow still savage villain.

But, we'll live, :hihi:. And hopefully get some fun new villains in the future.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Since we're talking murder death killed villains, I wish they wouldn't have killed off Crossbones. If anything, he would've been a great villain for Sam considering their clash in Winter Soldier.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
So...what's the lowdown on this? :scratch: X-men entering the chat?

That has nothing to do with the MCU. The X books are going to some serious transitions with a re-launch upcoming. I assume Eric is about to go full heel again.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That has nothing to do with the MCU. The X books are going to some serious transitions with a re-launch upcoming. I assume Eric is about to go full heel again.
Cool, I saw Marvel Entertainment and got MCU in my head.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Cool, I saw Marvel Entertainment and got MCU in my head.
Nah. Marvel puts practically everything under the @Marvel handle. DC has a ton of different divisional handles though.

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
The mutants have their own island and they have formed a society. One of their basic rules is "kill no man." He has been lobbying to change the rule. I'm not sure if the two are connected, but I wouldn't doubt it.

They have a lot of stories going on. I don't know how they resolve them all quickly if they reboot.

I'm afraid that the Heroes Reborn story is going to reboot the whole thing. I have 9 volumes of Captain America. It would be nice if they could go more than a couple of years without a reboot but I guess that volume 10 is inevitable.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
The mutants have their own island and they have formed a society. One of their basic rules is "kill no man." He has been lobbying to change the rule. I'm not sure if the two are connected, but I wouldn't doubt it.

They have a lot of stories going on. I don't know how they resolve them all quickly if they reboot.

I'm afraid that the Heroes Reborn story is going to reboot the whole thing. I have 9 volumes of Captain America. It would be nice if they could go more than a couple of years without a reboot but I guess that volume 10 is inevitable.
The reboot is expected in July after the gala event, which like you said, isn't a lot of time for a monthly book. And most of the other X-books aren't really connected at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread