Marvel Phase 4 (1 Viewer)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Scarlet Witch is a Nexus being, so more powerful than the Sorcerer Supreme in terms of raw ability. That said, at least in terms of comics, Strange has the better and deeper understanding of magic and has had to clean up Wanda's messes on more than a few occasions.
Yeah, that would make sense. In a lot of ways, Wanda has not really understood well the power she has.

Sailorsaint

Reaction score
Ep. 5
Ok, Zombies? Really? Alright, it was an ok episode but I've been disappointed with the last two. I really like the first three.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Ep. 5
Ok, Zombies? Really? Alright, it was an ok episode but I've been disappointed with the last two. I really like the first three.
I thought the Strange one was easily the best one and I love how
the zombies here were still intelligent and could use their powers.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought the Strange one was easily the best one and I love how
the zombies here were still intelligent and could use their powers.
Yeah, the whole point of What If is to expand on the stories
Only liking the ones that are most similar to what you already know/like is… unfortunate

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
My only objection to this episode
is that I wanted them to finish the story. Did it work? Did Hope and others return to being human? How many simply died off because of the amount of decay they'd already suffered?
The little "Thanos might finish the gauntlet and kill everyone anyway" suggestion line (whatever it actually was) was a poor ending IMHO. Heck, he might have looked at all the bodies of zombies who immediately died from decay once the cure went into effect and decided his work was done already.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My only objection to this episode
is that I wanted them to finish the story. Did it work? Did Hope and others return to being human? How many simply died off because of the amount of decay they'd already suffered?
The little "Thanos might finish the gauntlet and kill everyone anyway" suggestion line (whatever it actually was) was a poor ending IMHO. Heck, he might have looked at all the bodies of zombies who immediately died from decay once the cure went into effect and decided his work was done already.
I liked that part - to me the message was ‘battling is the point - not winning’
so the resolution of the story is not if they won/lost, but that they kept in fighting
I think that’s a very good message

Sailorsaint

Reaction score
Ep. 6
Now that is more like it! Much like Ep 3, this one needed about another 30 minutes.

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score

Man. Tony Stark can't catch a break in these alternate universes.

Episode 3 Assassinated by Hank Pym
Episode 4 Presumed dead with the rest of that Dr. Strange's universe.
Episode 5 Turned zombie and then decapitated.
Episode 6 Killed by Killmonger

Sailorsaint

Reaction score
i agree that this was a good ep (very dark)
but can y'all describe your issues with the previous 2?
Ep 4 was just boring to me, guess because I'm not a big Dr S fan. Ep 5 was entertaining, I just didn't think it fit well in the MCU because, well, zombies, a tired vehicle.

Reaction score
I know it's stupid to nitpick realism or continuity in a comic universe where there are Norse gods, but

it's a little distracting when these characters just have convenient talents/abilities. Like I get and accept that Killmonger is a perfectly trained killer. He got that way by extensively training and working in guns, hand to hand, maybe even melee weapons training like knife fighting. But, because it's convenient, he also happens to just inherently be perfect at spear-throwing. Either that, or during his training, he's dedicated an hour or so a day to training with a spear because, you never know, he may be called upon to fight with a vibranium spear some day. I don't know, I think it would be nice to occasionally have someone like Killmonger try to throw a spear and it just bluntly graze his target and he shrugs then shoots the guy and says "never threw a spear before". Or have Tony spend "all night" building an advanced murderbot only to have it collapse because one day isn't enough time to build an advanced robot even if you are smart.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know it's stupid to nitpick realism or continuity in a comic universe where there are Norse gods, but

it's a little distracting when these characters just have convenient talents/abilities. Like I get and accept that Killmonger is a perfectly trained killer. He got that way by extensively training and working in guns, hand to hand, maybe even melee weapons training like knife fighting. But, because it's convenient, he also happens to just inherently be perfect at spear-throwing. Either that, or during his training, he's dedicated an hour or so a day to training with a spear because, you never know, he may be called upon to fight with a vibranium spear some day. I don't know, I think it would be nice to occasionally have someone like Killmonger try to throw a spear and it just bluntly graze his target and he shrugs then shoots the guy and says "never threw a spear before". Or have Tony spend "all night" building an advanced murderbot only to have it collapse because one day isn't enough time to build an advanced robot even if you are smart.
i square this by thinking of these people as the top of the pyramid
100 people try to be military
that gets cut down to 20 who want to be Seals
that gets cut down to 5 who are 'good/bad' enough for wet work
that gets cut down to 2 who are proficient at 98% of weapons
and then 1 guy who is perfect at weapons - we follow the story of that 1 guy
'The Boys' and 'Mystery Men' tell the stories of the #2-100 guys

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom