Semper's Stupendous to Infinity and Beyond Everything Marvel Movie/TV Thread (1 Viewer)

Even the comics have de-emphasized Wolverine's short height a good bit over the last several years so height probably won't be much of a consideration. I doubt they'd spend money on FX for it. But we'll see.

for what it's worth
===============

It's based on a bunch of stuff said by reporter Jeff Sneider who never actually said what the problems were and it was more him speculating that it may have problems connecting with audiences. And he pretty notoriously has a low opinion of superhero stuff anyway.

A few other leakers refuted what he was saying and said they'd heard good things. So, at least for now, I wouldn't put much stock in this report.

It's based on a bunch of stuff said by reporter Jeff Sneider who never actually said what the problems were and it was more him speculating that it may have problems connecting with audiences. And he pretty notoriously has a low opinion of superhero stuff anyway.

A few other leakers refuted what he was saying and said they'd heard good things. So, at least for now, I wouldn't put much stock in this report.
Has a release date been determined? I'm pretty excited about this She-Hulk. Loved Tatiana in Orphan Black.

Has a release date been determined? I'm pretty excited about this She-Hulk. Loved Tatiana in Orphan Black.
Same. Pretty sure I mentioned it already, but I binged Orphan Black after the casting was announced. Do not regret.

The early Morbius reviews are not good

Is Morbius MCU, or is it more like Venom?

I haven't watched it but reports are that it somehow takes place in neither the MCU nor the Venom universe. All the Venom and most of the Spider Man references they showed in the ads were supposedly cut from the final film, and then they try and stitch it together with the post credits sequences which are apparently nonsensical and laughable.

Sony is going to fail miserably with this universe of Spider-Man characters they're trying to do. There's a reason they agreed to let Marvel produce the Spider-Man franchise in the first place. They are very bad at this.

I think Sony is trying to hitch their way into the MCU and if there will be a downfall of the MCU it will be Sony muddling up the continuity of the MCU.

Marvel is only letting them play in their sandbox when they get permission. Everything else can be disregarded.

I don't think it matters much, though. Aside from Venom, these movies will all probably bomb. If this fails and then whatever next tank's (Kraven?) I can see the plug getting pulled on their plans.

I haven't watched it but reports are that it somehow takes place in neither the MCU nor the Venom universe. All the Venom and most of the Spider Man references they showed in the ads were supposedly cut from the final film, and then they try and stitch it together with the post credits sequences which are apparently nonsensical and laughable.

Sony is going to fail miserably with this universe of Spider-Man characters they're trying to do. There's a reason they agreed to let Marvel produce the Spider-Man franchise in the first place. They are very bad at this.
But this is what’s confusing for me. My apologies if I’m a little behind.
But since Sony’s universe is Spider-Man side characters, is there anything stopping Sony from using Spider-Man?

But this is what’s confusing for me. My apologies if I’m a little behind.
But since Sony’s universe is Spider-Man side characters, is there anything stopping Sony from using Spider-Man?

They're specifically in a co production deal with Marvel for the Tom Holland stuff. That's MCU. Technically there's nothing preventing them from reviving the Amazing Spider Man series with Andrew Garfield and doing it as a separate universe. Except the fact Garfield probably has zero interest, and that they don't want to sour the deal with Marvel by creating direct competition. Because those movies are pretty much all Sony has going for them franchise wise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom