Semper's Stupendous to Infinity and Beyond Everything Marvel Movie/TV Thread (1 Viewer)

Nope, not rumors. Garfield, Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx, and Kiersten Dunst are already confirmed, signed sealed and delivered. Officially announced cast members by the major trades. Word is Maguire should be announced soon, and they're bringing back Emma Stone to reprise Gwen Stacy from the ASM movies, as well. This is 100% happening for real.
That's a lot of folks for one movie. Would almost certainly seem to be small bit roles, right? I mean, how in the world could you pack all that into one movie, unless it's three hours long and even that's pushing it.

Nope, not rumors. Garfield, Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx, and Kiersten Dunst are already confirmed, signed sealed and delivered. Officially announced cast members by the major trades. Word is Maguire should be announced soon, and they're bringing back Emma Stone to reprise Gwen Stacy from the ASM movies, as well. This is 100% happening for real.
Rumor has it that Maguire is holding out for more face time.

I'm in the same boat. It doesn't even feel coherent. It[s like they saw how well Into the Spider-Verse worked and took the wrong lessons.

Oh, and that's another rumor: Miles Morales popping up in this.
Yeah, I will give Marvel the benefit of the doubt for now, but this sounds like it could be a real mess.

Into the Spiderverse didn't exactly come out that long ago, and I assume a sequel will be coming in the next year or so. It is still very much in the public/pop culture consciousness.

I think it would be wise to let that movie have this corner for awhile. I don't think the odds of Marvel trying to do something very similar and actually doing it better (or even as good) are very high.

I really liked Charlie Cox as Murdock/DD and I think having him in a small part as Peter's lawyer could be cool, as well as serving as a good way to incorporate the character into the MCU.

But like y'all have said, this all sounds like too much stuff for one movie.

That's a lot of folks for one movie. Would almost certainly seem to be small bit roles, right? I mean, how in the world could you pack all that into one movie, unless it's three hours long and even that's pushing it.

You would think. But the way they're making a big deal about the announcements makes it seem they'll be more substantial than that. And I have no idea how.

Rumor has it that Maguire is holding out for more face time.

He does have a reputation as one of the biggest egomaniacs imaginable behind the scenes, so that's not shocking. Very few people have nice things to say about him.

When talking about Feige knowing better than to do something like this, do remember that this supposedly may tie in with WandaVision and Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness. It does seem like the multiverse is going to be explored big time in a lot of upcoming stuff.

And also remember, Sony has their fingers in this pie as well and they're trying to set up their own Spider franchises away from the MCU.

When talking about Feige knowing better than to do something like this, do remember that this supposedly may tie in with WandaVision and Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness. It does seem like the multiverse is going to be explored big time in a lot of upcoming stuff.

And also remember, Sony has their fingers in this pie as well and they're trying to set up their own Spider franchises away from the MCU.

Yea, this. I'd actually see a Spiderman 4 if they reined it back in. However, I doubt I'd ever see an Amazing Spiderman 3 if I could help it.

Yea, this. I'd actually see a Spiderman 4 if they reined it back in. However, I doubt I'd ever see an Amazing Spiderman 3 if I could help it.

That's also why I find the inclusion of the ASM stuff in this weird. People have nostalgia for at least two of the three Raimi movies. No one cares about the ASM movies at all. Most people barely remember them.

That's also why I find the inclusion of the ASM stuff in this weird. People have nostalgia for at least two of the three Raimi movies. No one cares about the ASM movies at all. Most people barely remember them.

Well, I love Emma Stone, so I can't hate them because of that.

saw on the twitters that Murdock may just be Parker's lawyer so maybe not as DD...just an intro to the character

we'll see when the movie comes out on some streaming service :mad:

That's because they sucked.

So Garfield and McGuire will be different versions of Peter Parker from alternate dimensions? I thought maybe they were cameos as other people.

Frankly, Into the Spiderverse already did the multiverse thing with Spiderman. Why re-tread it? That film got it just right. It's not like you're going to do it better, especially if you start re-explaining things already explained in that film (but if you don't, anyone who didn't see it will be lost). That aspect just sounds like a bad idea all around.

Maybe we'll get lucky and McGuire will pull a Tom Herman, screwing up negotiations so bad they decide to go without him and scrap that whole idea...

That movie is shaping up to be potentially very unwieldy. They're bringing back basically the main casts of the Raimi Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man films. Now this. Plus lots of other rumors (Sinister Six, Kraven) that have yet to be confirmed. Seems like an absurd amount to cram in a two hour runtime.

Not only that but how are "casuals" going to react to seeing past Spidermen all in one movie with the new one AND Miles Morales. I'm guessing their are going to be a lot of vert confused people leaving movie theaters.

Captain America: Civil War was arguably more packed.

I see a situation where Tom Holland Spidey spends a brief time (20-30 minutes) in each Spiderverse on some kind of side quest with the help of Dr. Strange. That leaves another 80-100 minutes (assuming 2 hours 10 minute run time) for Earth-Prime Spidey stuff.

I think it's OK as long as they don't try to cram them all on-screen at the same time and the expectation is you don't need to introduce the characters from the other Spiderverse's, just get right into it.

Captain America: Civil War was arguably more packed

Yea, this was my thought. Marvel has earned my trust to do it right, and they've packed characters in for CW and the Avengers* movies before.

*Granted, this isn't the exact same.

Yea, this was my thought. Marvel has earned my trust to do it right, and they've packed characters in for CW and the Avengers* movies before.

*Granted, this isn't the exact same.

Yeah, that's why I emphasized Civil War. A solo movie can be packed if it is still centered on the central character and doesn't detract from his development. You don't get a lot of character development or focus in Avengers movies, but you're not supposed to. It can feel disjointed at times, like Infinity War's Hulk storyline, but that's kind of OK.

Civil War was absolutely a Captain America movie. Everyone else were the periphery side quests, but it was about him. To me, that is the Spiderman 3 model.

Yeah, that's why I emphasized Civil War. A solo movie can be packed if it is still centered on the central character and doesn't detract from his development. You don't get a lot of character development or focus in Avengers movies, but you're not supposed to. It can feel disjointed at times, like Infinity War's Hulk storyline, but that's kind of OK.

Civil War was absolutely a Captain America movie. Everyone else were the periphery side quests, but it was about him. To me, that is the Spiderman 3 model.

Yep, I can live with that. And I'm actually looking forward to DD coming back. Even if not in Spiderman, then later in a DD dedicated film or series. Hard to believe it's already been 2 years since the clock ran out on the Netflix Defenders team. I'd really enjoy the other Defenders returning, and Punisher as well. Really hope to see them return. I forget her name, but the Jessica Jones actress, needs to return. Luke Cage and Iron Fist, I'm open to whatever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom