Marvel Phase 4 (1 Viewer)

Sun Wukong

Worlds Deadliest Fighting Arts Champion and Master
Reaction score
Yea, this. I'd actually see a Spiderman 4 if they reined it back in. However, I doubt I'd ever see an Amazing Spiderman 3 if I could help it.
That's also why I find the inclusion of the ASM stuff in this weird. People have nostalgia for at least two of the three Raimi movies. No one cares about the ASM movies at all. Most people barely remember them.

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's also why I find the inclusion of the ASM stuff in this weird. People have nostalgia for at least two of the three Raimi movies. No one cares about the ASM movies at all. Most people barely remember them.
Well, I love Emma Stone, so I can't hate them because of that.

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
saw on the twitters that Murdock may just be Parker's lawyer so maybe not as DD...just an intro to the character

we'll see when the movie comes out on some streaming service :mad:

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
That's because they sucked.

So Garfield and McGuire will be different versions of Peter Parker from alternate dimensions? I thought maybe they were cameos as other people.

Frankly, Into the Spiderverse already did the multiverse thing with Spiderman. Why re-tread it? That film got it just right. It's not like you're going to do it better, especially if you start re-explaining things already explained in that film (but if you don't, anyone who didn't see it will be lost). That aspect just sounds like a bad idea all around.

Maybe we'll get lucky and McGuire will pull a Tom Herman, screwing up negotiations so bad they decide to go without him and scrap that whole idea...

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score
That movie is shaping up to be potentially very unwieldy. They're bringing back basically the main casts of the Raimi Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man films. Now this. Plus lots of other rumors (Sinister Six, Kraven) that have yet to be confirmed. Seems like an absurd amount to cram in a two hour runtime.
Not only that but how are "casuals" going to react to seeing past Spidermen all in one movie with the new one AND Miles Morales. I'm guessing their are going to be a lot of vert confused people leaving movie theaters.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Captain America: Civil War was arguably more packed.

I see a situation where Tom Holland Spidey spends a brief time (20-30 minutes) in each Spiderverse on some kind of side quest with the help of Dr. Strange. That leaves another 80-100 minutes (assuming 2 hours 10 minute run time) for Earth-Prime Spidey stuff.

I think it's OK as long as they don't try to cram them all on-screen at the same time and the expectation is you don't need to introduce the characters from the other Spiderverse's, just get right into it.

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Captain America: Civil War was arguably more packed
Yea, this was my thought. Marvel has earned my trust to do it right, and they've packed characters in for CW and the Avengers* movies before.

*Granted, this isn't the exact same.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yea, this was my thought. Marvel has earned my trust to do it right, and they've packed characters in for CW and the Avengers* movies before.

*Granted, this isn't the exact same.
Yeah, that's why I emphasized Civil War. A solo movie can be packed if it is still centered on the central character and doesn't detract from his development. You don't get a lot of character development or focus in Avengers movies, but you're not supposed to. It can feel disjointed at times, like Infinity War's Hulk storyline, but that's kind of OK.

Civil War was absolutely a Captain America movie. Everyone else were the periphery side quests, but it was about him. To me, that is the Spiderman 3 model.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I emphasized Civil War. A solo movie can be packed if it is still centered on the central character and doesn't detract from his development. You don't get a lot of character development or focus in Avengers movies, but you're not supposed to. It can feel disjointed at times, like Infinity War's Hulk storyline, but that's kind of OK.

Civil War was absolutely a Captain America movie. Everyone else were the periphery side quests, but it was about him. To me, that is the Spiderman 3 model.
Yep, I can live with that. And I'm actually looking forward to DD coming back. Even if not in Spiderman, then later in a DD dedicated film or series. Hard to believe it's already been 2 years since the clock ran out on the Netflix Defenders team. I'd really enjoy the other Defenders returning, and Punisher as well. Really hope to see them return. I forget her name, but the Jessica Jones actress, needs to return. Luke Cage and Iron Fist, I'm open to whatever.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Me too.

I love Shuri (and the actress who plays her). I would absolutely support her taking up the mantle (and the suit they came up for her in the video game footage is awesome).

But T'challa was also such an important movie character and real beacon of optimism and progress for so many people (especially kids). I also think it would be a real shame to lose the character (even if it obviously means re-casting) after only 1 solo movie.

So yeah, I don't what I'm rooting for. It's a tough decision for Marvel, for sure.
I hadn't heard anything yet, but a decision can't be too far away if they're planning a 2022 release. Really curious to see how this will go. I imagine there will be some CGI to give Boseman a good send-off.

Sun Wukong

Worlds Deadliest Fighting Arts Champion and Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure Captain America: Civil War works as a point of comparison. It's really a solo movie in name only (even during production people jokingly called it Avengers 2.5) and it had the luxury of most of those characters having shared the screen a good bit already. It could tell a story with them without doing any heavy lifting. This seems altogether different.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Nope, not rumors. Garfield, Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx, and Kiersten Dunst are already confirmed, signed sealed and delivered. Officially announced cast members by the major trades. Word is Maguire should be announced soon, and they're bringing back Emma Stone to reprise Gwen Stacy from the ASM movies, as well. This is 100% happening for real.
The Spider-verse does not excite me in the MCU.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
I hadn't heard anything yet, but a decision can't be too far away if they're planning a 2022 release. Really curious to see how this will go. I imagine there will be some CGI to give Boseman a good send-off.
I thought I read somewhere that Marvel said there would not be any CGI of Chadwick in the movie. Maybe I'm wrong.

Shuri taking the mantle makes since. It worked pretty well in the comics when T'Challa was off visiting the stars of the galaxy.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Spider-verse does not excite me in the MCU.
I think for me, Spidey has felt a bit like an add on, at least outside IW and EG. Either do it all the way or have Spidey as a separate franchise.

I do feel like the Defenders characters can be massaged into the overarching story of MCU.

I thought I read somewhere that Marvel said there would not be any CGI of Chadwick in the movie. Maybe I'm wrong.

Shuri taking the mantle makes since. It worked pretty well in the comics when T'Challa was off visiting the stars of the galaxy.
Well, whatever they do, I hope they do something nice for him. I know they did a cool homage to Stan Lee and something similar would be cool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom