Semper's Stupendous to Infinity and Beyond Everything Marvel Movie/TV Thread (4 Viewers)

It would allow wakanda to fight white Americans
(I can’t be the only one to notice that heroes of color almost always fight non-white villains)
Civil War, Black Panther was fighting Bucky and then Zemo. And in Black Panther he was fighting Klawe. Eternals were fighting Icarus.

You said almost always but there aren't a lot of heroes of color and most of them fought white people so that's not almost always. Do you mean in comic book movies or movies in general?
The majority of Black panther was black v black
Ms marvel Pakistani v Pakistani
Ethan Hawke was the moonknight big bad but the predominant body count was ME

It’s a similar ‘issue’ with women too

The majority of Black panther was black v black
Ms marvel Pakistani v Pakistani
Ethan Hawke was the moonknight big bad but the predominant body count was ME

It’s a similar ‘issue’ with women too
Yeah BP was but the first level bad guy was white and I forgot about the shows. They're still pretty new. Oh, Doctor Strange 2, America Chavez with Wanda as the bad guy. You make a good point but I still think people wouldn't like White Wolf being Black Panther. I don't think that would go over well at all. You'd hear people claiming white savior complex and other things.

Yeah BP was but the first level bad guy was white and I forgot about the shows. They're still pretty new. Oh, Doctor Strange 2, America Chavez with Wanda as the bad guy. You make a good point but I still think people wouldn't like White Wolf being Black Panther. I don't think that would go over well at all. You'd hear people claiming white savior complex and other things.
Well sure, I wasn’t advocating for that

And I’m pretty sure it’s white American males that marvel is reluctant to make cannon fodder - whipping on Russians, Germans and Brits are still cool to punch (or South Africans)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom