Semper's Stupendous to Infinity and Beyond Everything Marvel Movie/TV Thread (4 Viewers)

It would allow wakanda to fight white Americans
(I can’t be the only one to notice that heroes of color almost always fight non-white villains)

Eh, aside from Killmonger the two biggest guys Wakanda has had problems with were Ulysses Klaue and Zemo. Neither American, but both white.

Eh, aside from Killmonger the two biggest guys Wakanda has had problems with were Ulysses Klaue and Zemo. Neither American, but both white.
Yeah, if it was strictly white Americans, I can see it, but when he said non-white villans, I'm not really seeing that either.

That said, I think Marvel is probably more American biased than race biased in terms of hero vs villain. But that's not really unexpected or surprising. I mean, a lot of the hero/villain mythology is influenced by WWII imagery and Allies vs Axis powers.

I think a dark horse to take up the mantle is Okoye. From a story standpoint she’s by far the best warrior and most dedicated to Wakanda. From a business standpoint Danai Gurira has the acting chops to carry a franchise.

What I think makes the most sense is Nakia. If I were writing the story, she would have been pregnant at the snap, so her son would be 7ish. She takes the mantle until he is ready. She is also a trained fighter.

Shuri makes the least sense story wise. She’s not really a trained fighter and you lose your “girl in the chair” if she is in the role. From a business sense, you don’t risk a franchise on someone with even public relations questions. There’s too much money at stake. As WB is learning you’re always only a moment away from losing hundreds of millions of dollars.

So in Civil War Tony awards all the MIT kids with full grants
Has that seed ever flowered?
Have we had any inventions from that class that have surfaced again? Either positively or negatively?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom